Mathematics Research Fellowships for Developing Countries at ICTP in Italy, and applications are submitted till 15 December, 2015. The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) is offering a small number of Mathematics Research Fellowships for mathematicians from Developing Countries to pursue their own research using the ICTP facilities and interacting with other mathematicians. Visiting fellows must have a PhD in mathematics prior to the start of their Fellowship. Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Visiting Fellowships are intended for short visits to ICTP (typically between 1 to 3 months) during the period 1 September 2016 to 31 August 31 2017, though longer visits (up to 9 months) are possible. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Italy
research programme at ICTP.
are awarded in the area of Mathematics. Successful candidates
will have the possibility to participate in the Mathematics
activities of ICTP, the International School of Advanced Studies
(ISAS/SISSA) and the University of Trieste, including the opportunity
to interact with visiting mathematicians.
Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Mathematics Research Fellowships are targeted for Students of developing countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia,
Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for these fellowships.
No: not specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Visiting Fellowships are intended for short visits to ICTP (typically between 1 to 3 months) during the period 1 September 2016 to 31 August 31 2017, though longer visits (up to 9 months) are possible.
‣ Scholarship covers:
invites applications for a small number of Mathematics
Research Fellowships for outstanding mathematicians
from developing countries of any age.
are particularly encouraged to apply. Visiting Fellowships are
intended for short visits to ICTP (typically between 1 to 3 months)
during the period 1 September 2016 to 31 August 31 2017, though
longer visits (up to 9 months) are possible.
‣ Visiting Fellows must have a PhD in mathematics prior to the start of their Fellowship.
Number of awards: A small number of visiting fellowships will be awarded.
also welcomes applications from small groups, two or three
scientists, who wish to spend some time working together on a joint
project at ICTP.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Candidates should apply using the ICTP online application system ( Online Application )
‣ They are required to submit, along with their CV, a detailed research project with specific goals that can be realistically achieved during their planned visit to ICTP.
‣ In addition, candidates are requested to provide letters of recommendations from established researchers.
‣ Both the letters of recommendation and the research project are crucial components of the application and play a significant role in the evaluation of the candidates.
‣ For junior applicants we highly recommend they provide at least three letters of recommendation.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 December 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.