Masters Mind Scholarships for International Students in Belgium, and applications are submitted till 30th April 2017. The Government of Flanders is inviting applications for a new scholarship program, Master Mind Scholarships for the academic year 2017-2018. Up to 45 scholarships are offered to outstanding master students from all countries. The eligible applicant must be registered as a full-time student at a higher education institution at the moment of application, and applies to take up a master degree program at a higher education institution in Flanders. The duration of mobility is minimum 1 academic year and maximum the full duration of the master program. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Belgium (Flanders)
Field(s): all study areas.
Deadline: 30th April 2017.
Funded By: Government of Flanders
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Masters Mind Scholarships are targeted for Students from all countries can apply for these scholarships.
‣ Award No: There are up to 45 scholarships available for students.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of mobility is minimum 1 academic yearand maximum the full duration of the master program. If the student obtains less than 45 ECTS in the first year, then he/she loses the scholarship in the second year.
‣ Scholarship covers: The incoming student is awarded a scholarship of maximum 7.500 Euro per academic year.
‣ The Government of Flanders awards up to 45 scholarships to outstanding Master students.
‣ The program of Masters Mind Scholarships aims to promote the internationalization of the Flemish Higher Education, as stated in the Action Plan for Student Mobility, Brains on the Move (September 2013). First scholarships under this program will be awarded for the academic year 2017-2018.
The Government of Flanders has launched a new scholarship programme in 2015, Master Mind Scholarships. For the academic year 2017-2018, it awards up to 45 scholarships to outstanding Master students from all countries. The programme aims to promote the internationalization of the Flemish Higher Education, as stated in the Action Plan for Student Mobility, Brains on the Move (September 2013).Students cannot apply directly.
Applications need to be submitted by the Flemish host institution.For the Flemish Host Institutions:Please find the guidelines for application at the bottom of this page.For students: You can find more information in the guidelines for application at the bottom of this page. However, you need to contact the Flemish higher education institution to inquire about their internal selection procedures and deadline for submitting the application.
KU Leuven / University of Leuven: Hilde Nijs - firstname.lastname@example.org://www.kuleuven.be/englishUniversity of Antwerp: International Relations Office - email@example.com - http://www.uantwerpen.be/international
Ghent University: Charlotte Moulin - charlotte.moulin@Ugent.behttp://www.ugent.be/en/education/degree/practical/application
University colleges (Arts and Nautical Sciences)
Erasmus University College Brussels: Annelore Schittecatte - firstname.lastname@example.org://www.erasmushogeschool.be/international/studying
‣ the applicant is registered as a full-time student at a higher education institution (hereafter ‘Home Institution’) at the moment of application, and applies to take up a Master degree program at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish Host Institution’).
‣ The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. He/she meets all academic entrance criteria, including relevant language requirements, for entering the Master program in question offered by the Flemish Host Institution.
‣ The Home Institution of the applicant and the Flemish Host Institution have signed a cooperation agreement.
‣ Students from all countries can apply. The Home Institution is located outside of Flanders
Selection Criteria for Masters Mind Scholarships
‣ A Flemish selection committee awards the scholarships, in cooperation with the Flemish Department of Education and Training.
‣ Announcement of selection results will be in June 2017
Scholarship Application Method
Guidelines_Master Mind Scholarships_2017-2018.pdf (12/01/2017 13:26 ♦ 196 kB) Application form_Master Mind Scholarships_2017-2018.docx (31/01/2017 15:47 ♦ 32 kB)
‣ Students cannot apply directly. Applications need to be submitted through the Flemish host institution, in consultation with the home institution of the applicant.
‣ The home institution of the applicant and the Flemish host institution should have signed a cooperation agreement.
‣ The application needs to be submitted online. Documents to submit with the application:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30th April 2017.
Launch of call: December 2016
Deadline for application: 30th April 2017
Selection: May 2017
Announcement of selection results: June 2017
Start of mobility: September 2017, for the academic year 2017-2018
Should you have questions about the scholarship programme, you can contact the Flemish host institution or: email@example.com
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.