Masters and PhD Research Scholarships in HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis in South Africa, 2014 , and applications are submitted till 31 August 2014. Applications are invited from eligible South African health professionals for National Health Scholars Programme, Scholarships will be awarded for research to be conducted in the fields of HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis in South Africa or abroad for a period ranging from one to four years as a tax free scholarship for full-time study in a chosen field, to either commence or complete a Masters or PhD degree. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | South Africa or Abroad
Level: Masters and PhD Research Program
Field(s): fields of HIV/AID Sand Tuberculosis.
Deadline: 31 August 2014.
Funded By: Public Health Enhancement Fund under the National Health Scholars Programme of the Department of Health
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): This Scholarship is targeted for South African health professionals
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship is awarded for a period ranging from one to four years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The level of funding will be equivalent to the after- tax take-home pay of the applicant, based on the salary scales of the relevant post (or equivalent) in the Department of Health. The scholarship value may be reviewed annually in line with Public Service Regulations depending on availability of funds.
‣ The National Health Scholars Program (Masters and PhD Research Scholarships ) aims to contribute positively towards efforts to strengthen and accelerate progress towards equity in research capacity development of all young scientists across South Africa.
‣ Where appropriate priority will be given to hitherto under represented designated groups, institutions and research tracks.
‣ Applications are invited from eligible South African health professionals for research to be conducted in the fields of HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis in South Africa or abroad, for a period ranging from one to four years as a tax free scholarship for full-time study in a chosen field, to either commence or complete a Masters or PhD degree.
‣ Announcement of scholarship holders will be made by 10 December 2014.
‣ Please submit applications to at muyunda.mutemwa-at-mrc.ac.za.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31 August 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.