Master in Tropical Medicine and Global Health Residential Scholarship , and applications are submitted till 10th July 2015. Applications are invited for master training scholarships in Tropical Medicine and Global Health at the Public Health Laboratory Ivo de Carneri on Pemba Island, Tanzania ). Twenty (20) participants (10 from Sub-Saharan Africa and 10 from Italy and other European countries) are allowed to participate in the training. This is a three-week international training programme from November 16-4 December, 2015. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Tanzania
Level: master training programme
Field(s): Tropical Medicine and Global Health.
Deadline: 10th July 2015
Funded By: Ivo de Carneri Foundation in partnership with University of Florence, University Hospital Meyer and Carlo Urbani Association
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Master in Tropical Medicine and Global Health Residential Scholarship is targeted for Students from Sub-Saharan Africa, Italy and other European countries
‣ No. of awards: Twenty (20) participants (10 from Sub-Saharan Africa and 10 from Italy and other European countries) are allowed to participate in the training.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : This is a three-week international training programme from November 16-4 December, 2015.
‣Value of Scholarship : The trainees of the Master of Tropical Medicine and Global Health will benefit from a partial scholarship and the tuition fee will be 500 Euros only. Two full board scholarships will be offered from AICU to two winners of the Carlo Urbani’s Award (only for candidates from Marche Health Institutions. In addition, based on availability of sponsors, 10 full scholarships will be offered to African applicants for coverage of all course’s expenses, except the international flight from the participant’s country of origin to Zanzibar, Visa, airport taxes, insurance, and personal expenses.
‣ The Ivo de Carneri Foundation (Milan-Italy) is happy to announce the upcoming three-weeks international training course in Tropical Medicine and Global Health. The event is also part of the tutorship of the Master in Tropical Medicine and Global Health organised by University of Florence (Italy).
‣ The course, addressed to 20 health professionals, 10 from developed countries and 10 from developing countries, will be held at the Public Health Laboratory Ivo de Carneri on Pemba Island – Zanzibar, Tanzania, from 16th November to 4th December 2015.
‣ Based on availability of sponsors, scholarships might be offered for the coverage of the course fee, full board accommodation, and local travel expenses (return flight Zanzibar – Pemba).
‣ Degree in Medicine, Biology, Pharmacy, Nursing, Diploma/Certificate in health-related subjects.
‣ Good knowledge of written and spoken English, with excellent level of listening and comprehension
‣ Candidates will be informed of the selection outcome by the 31st July 2105.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Candidates should fill in and send the Application Form, Curriculum Vitae (maximum 5 pages) and a motivation letter (maximum 1 page), to the following email address: tmtmgh2015-at-fondazionedecarneri.it specifying “Application for TMTMGH” in the subject line.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 10th July 2015.
‣ Application forms ( Application Form ) and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.