Massey University Doctoral Scholarships are offered for Maori for the purpose of encouraging postgraduate research and are awarded on academic ranking. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): New Zealand and Overseas (The Doctoral Research Committee, at its absolute discretion, may permit an applicant to pursue part of the approved programme of research at a university or other approved institution overseas).
Level: Doctoral Degree
Field(s): Every applicant shall, during the tenure of the Doctoral Scholarship, be enrolled as a full-time student of Massey University and shall pursue an approved programme of research approved by the Doctoral Research Committee for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy or a Named Doctorate.
Deadline: 1st October 2013.
Funded By: Massey University, New Zealand
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Massey University Doctoral Scholarships are targeted for Domestic, Maori and international students.
‣ Award No: Up to 10 Vice-Chancellor’s Doctoral Scholarships are offered each year to domestic students. -The number of Doctoral Scholarships to be offered each year is determined by the University. -One Doctoral Scholarship for Maori students will be awarded each year. -The awarding of any Doctoral Scholarship is discretionary and is dependent upon funding.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Every Doctoral Scholarship shall be tenable at Massey University for up to a maximum period of 36 months devoted to full-time research. No tenure beyond 36 months will be permitted. The tenure of the Doctoral Scholarships shall commence by 1 December (July round).
‣ Scholarship covers: Massey University Doctoral Scholarships: The value of the Doctoral Scholarship shall be $25,000 per annum to a maximum of 3 years. Recipients are responsible for the payment of their fees. -Vice Chancellor’s Doctoral Scholarship: The value of the Vice Chancellor’s Doctoral Scholarship shall be $28,000 per annum to a maximum of 3 years. Recipients are responsible for the payment of their fees. -The Scholarships Committee may reduce the value or amend the terms and conditions of a Doctoral Scholarship to meet the circumstances of individual applicants.
‣ All applicants for the Massey University Doctoral Scholarships are considered for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships.
‣ The Vice Chancellor’s Scholarships are awarded on academic ranking to the top students.
‣ Every Doctoral Scholarship shall be tenable at Massey University for up to a maximum period of 36 months devoted to full-time research.
‣ No tenure beyond 36 months will be permitted.
‣ No retrospective payments will be permitted unless approval into the Doctoral programme was delayed for reasons beyond the applicant’s control.
‣ Except as otherwise provided in these regulations, every applicant shall, during the tenure of the Doctoral Scholarship, be enrolled as a full-time student of Massey University and shall pursue an approved programme of research approved by the Doctoral Research Committee for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy or a Named Doctorate.
‣ Applicants undertaking a Named Doctoral degree are eligible to apply for the Doctoral Scholarship for tenure during the period of the research component of the degree.
‣ The Doctoral Research Committee, at its absolute discretion, may permit an applicant to pursue part of the approved programme of research at a university or other approved institution overseas.
‣ Massey University Doctoral Scholarships Applications for overseas research must be made by the applicant to the Doctoral Research Committee and be supported by the applicant’s supervisory panel.
‣ Payments to applicants who proceed overseas will be made in New Zealand currency into a New Zealand bank account.
‣ The Massey University Doctoral Scholarships are open to persons who are enrolled or eligible to enrol full-time for a research paper of 120 credits during a 12 month period towards a Doctoral degree at Massey University.
‣ A full-time candidate will be expected to work 40 – 50 hours per week on their Doctoral qualification.
‣ Part-time applicants are not eligible. Applicants already holding a PhD are not eligible to apply.
‣ Applicants who are completing Honours or Masters thesis or research report must be due to submit by the end of the year (for October applications).
‣ Consideration will normally only be given to students with a GPA of 7.5 or better (on a 9 point scale).
‣ This is above an average grade of A-.
‣ Selection is based on the combination of academic merit (measured by the grade point average assessed over the applicant’s two most recent years of full-time study, or equivalent), quality of research proposal, academic CV, referees’ reports, and quality of relevant publication record if applicable.
‣ Alignment between the applicant’s research interests and those of the College, School, Institute, may also be taken into consideration.
‣ All Massey University Doctoral Scholarships applications are acknowledged by email.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply: Applications should be sent via post or on-line. Applications must be on the official application form, applications submitted on modified forms will not be accepted.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date:The application deadline is 1st October 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2013, 2014, DOCTORAL, International, Massey, New Zealand, scholarships, University