Marie Curie Initial Training Network integrates the major European investigators and experts in the field of cardiovascular tissue engineering (TE) and regenerative medicine (RM), with a view to establishing a European Doctoral Academy in Regenerative Engineering.
School(Institutions/ Country): 6 different Partner Institutions
Level : Doctoral Fellowship
Field(s): Tissue Engineering for Cardiovascular Surgery
Deadline: 30 June 2013
Funded By: Marie Curie Initial Training Network TECAS
Beneficiaries( Target Group): scholarships is Open for international researchers.
‣ Award No: 13 Doctoral Fellowships are available.
‣ Scholarship Covers: costs for 13 Doctoral Fellowships.
‣ The Marie Curie Initial Training Network (TECAS-ITN) integrates the major European investigators and experts in the field of cardiovascular tissue engineering (TE) and regenerative medicine (RM), with a view to establishing a European Doctoral Academy in Regenerative Engineering.
‣ The aim of the Doctoral Academy is to facilitate the cross-disciplinary and intersectorial training of Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) in the field, by consolidating the extensive multidisciplinary experience in training and research of its academic, clinical and industrial Partners.
‣ The TECAS-ITN focuses on the clinical needs of cardiac valve replacement/repair, myocardium reconstruction and patch graft angioplasty of the great blood vessels, with a view to developing the underpinning expertise and technology for manufacturing cardiovascular TE implants for clinical use.
‣ The TECAS-ITN will host 13 Marie Currie ESR Fellows at 6 different Partner Institutions, each performing an individual research project that is placed along the innovation pipeline of a number of TE products/technologies from basic science to translational research.
‣ The TECAS-ITN is a consortium of 5 academic/clinical, 2 industrial and 1 regulatory agency Partners with wide expertise in basic science, clinical research, translation and standardisation of TE technologies:
‣ In addition to their research projects, the training of the Doctoral Fellows will be complemented by project-specific Exchange secondments to other TECAS-ITN Partners collaborating on a specific Fellowship, Clinical secondments to the organ banks of the clinical Partners, Industrial secondment to the industrial Partners and Laboratory secondments to academic institution outside TECAS-ITN, as well as through an extensive curriculum of academic and transferable skills courses and workshops, and public engagement activities.
‣ The Fellows will also be awarded specialist certificates, based on their individual training, which will be recognized and endorsed by all academic and industrial Partners.
Eligibility Requirements for Marie Curie Initial Training Network fellowship
‣ The Fellowships are open to international candidates, who at the time of recruitment have less than 4 years research experience (full-time equivalent) following completion of their Master’s Degree (or equivalent), and have not yet been awarded a doctoral degree. ‣ Eligible candidates must also not have resided or carried their main activity in the country hosting the Fellowship for more than 12 months since May 2010.
Scholarship Application Method
Marie Currie Fellowship Opportunities and Application Form
‣ There will be 2 rounds of recruitment for the 13 Doctoral Fellowships.
‣ The application deadline for the first cohort of Fellowships is 31 March 2013, whereas the application deadline for the second cohort of Fellowships is 30 June 2013.
‣ Each applicant may select up to 3 Fellowship posts. Please indicate your selection in the application form below.
You may also like