Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund (MMMF) awards educational grants to women from developing countries whose graduate studies and future plans aim to benefit women and children in their respective regions. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Pretoria, University of Cape Town | South Africa
Level : Bsc, MSc, PhD Degree
Field(s): No particular field of study is specified. Below are examples of field of studies (top 7) that recipients of the grant took:
• Health/Medicine • Education • Sociology/Social Work/Counseling • International Development • Anthropology • Political Science • Public Administration
Deadline: August 14, 2013(annual)
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund Educational Grants are open for students from developing countries who are currently studying in South Africa at the University of Pretoria or the University of Cape Town.
‣Award No: From 1983 to present, MMMF has awarded 134 women from 57 developing countries. Each year, MMMF awards the grant to about 9-11 recipients (based on statistics shown in the website).
‣ Scholarship Covers: MMMF awards educational grants approximately US$4,000 to each recipient.
‣ The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund (MMMF) awards educational grants to women from developing countries whose graduate studies and future plans aim to benefit women and children in their respective regions.
‣ Commitment to this goal is an essential selection criterion.
A woman is eligible to apply for an Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund Educational Grants if she meets all the following criteria:
‣ Has a record of service to women and/or children in her country or other developing country.
‣ Is enrolled at the University of Pretoria or the University of Cape Town when applying and remains enrolled during the entire year of the grant.
‣ Uses the grant to study for her degree.
‣ Is a citizen of a World Bank lower or middle income member country (See the Country Eligibility List
‣ Plans to return to home country or another developing country within 30 months after receiving grant and perform at least two years of service.
‣ Demonstrates financial need.
‣ Is at least 25 years old by December 31, 2009.
‣ Is not related to any World Bank Group staff member or his/her or her spouse.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The applications for the 2014 MMMF Africa Grant opens on May 13, 2013 and will close on August 14, 2013.
‣ A COMPLETE application package consists of the following (NO exceptions):
One (1) Online Application Form (see item A below).
Two (2) Recommendation Forms (see item B below).
Five (5) Additional documents as listed in item C to be uploaded when filling the Online Application Form.
‣ Please make sure to submit ALL documents as listed. Only complete applications will be accepted.
‣ Online Application—Deadline: August 14, 2013 at 23:59 SAST
‣ Choose one of the following options to start/access your online application:
‣ Note: your e-mail address is your unique User ID. Attempting to change your email address during the application process will force you to start the process from the beginning.
‣ Recommendation Forms—Deadline: August 14, 2013 at 23:59 SAST
‣ Upload all documents listed below—Deadline: August 14, 2013 at 23:59 SAST
The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund World Bank Family Network 1818 H Street NW, MSN H2-204 Washington, DC 20433
For students at the University of Pretoria: Ms. Jeanne Goosen, International Office Room 3-38.4, Administration Building (Main Campus)
For students at the University of Cape Town: Ms Linda Vranas, Postgraduate Center & Funding Office Upper Level Otto Beit Building
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2013, MMMF , South Africa, Women, Developing