Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme Scholarship for ASEAN Students, and applications are submitted till 15 July 2015. Malaysian Government is offering MTCP scholarship from international students to pursue postgraduate studies. Scholarship is awarded to students who are citizens of ASEAN Member States and must not be more than 45 years of age during application. Students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in selected and well-established Malaysian public universities. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Malaysia
Level: postgraduate masters studies in selected and well-established Malaysian public universities (University of Malaya (UM); National University of Malaysia (UKM); University of Science, Malaysia (USM); Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM); International Islamic University of Malaysia (IIUM); University of Malaysia, Sabah (UMS) and University of Technology Petronas (UTP)).
Deadline: 15 July 2015.
Funded By: Malaysian Government
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme Scholarship is targeted for Citizens of ASEAN Member States (Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines,
Lao PDR, Brunei, Singapore, Thailand, Myanmar, Vietnam and Cambodia)
‣ No. of awards: not specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : not known
‣Value of Scholarship : Each scholarship consists of:-
‣ The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) – Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Masters Scholarship 2015 is an initiative by the Malaysian Government as part of Malaysia’s ASEAN Chairmanship 2015.
‣ This Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme Scholarship aims to support the theme “Towards a People-Centered ASEAN” of Malaysia’s ASEAN Chairmanship 2015, in line with MTCP’s main objective which lies under its philosophy that human resource development is vital catalyst for countries to achieve sustainable economic and social development.
‣ Citizens of ASEAN Member States with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in selected and well-established Malaysian public universities.
‣ This scholarship is only offered at the Postgraduate Masters Studies.
‣ Not be more than 45 years of age during application.
‣ Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants
‣ Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required: IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
‣ In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants.
‣ Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the field of studies.
‣ Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the Universities in Malaysia).
Selection Criteria for Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme Scholarship
‣ Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:-
‣ Applications should be submitted online using this Online Application
Applications are due on 15
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.