Malaysia Scholarship(MIS) for International Students offered by Malaysian Government
for scholars who like to study at public and private universities. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country):Public and private universities | Malaysia
Level: Postgraduate and Postdoctoral Degree
Field(s):the study subjects in this scheme enlisted are Science and Engineering, Agriculture and Fisheries, Economics and Islamic Finance, Information and Communication Technology, Biotechnology, Biosecurity and Food Safety, Infrastructure and Utility, Environmental Studies, Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
Funded by:Malaysian Government
Beneficiaries(Target Group):Scholarship is Open for International students.
Benefits (Value / Inclusions):
‣ Scholarship Covers: Each scholarship consists of: Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia, an approved tuition fees, monthly maintenance allowance, annual grant for books and internal travel, medical / Health Insurance, installation and Termination grant, thesis allowance and visa.
‣ The Malaysia Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia.
‣ This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
‣ Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities.
‣ This scholarship is divided into two (2) categories of study: Postgraduate and Post-doctoral Studies.
To be eligible for Malaysia Scholarship (MIS), applicants must fit the following criteria:
‣ Not be more than 40 years of age during application.
‣ Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study.
‣ In addition, for post-doctoral programme, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non refereed journals, portfolio and patent copyright.
‣ The Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
‣ Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application.
‣ The list of tests and minimum scores required: 1.IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or 2.TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
‣ In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional.
‣ The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants. -Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the needs and interests of Malaysia (research-based programme only). f.Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the universities in Malaysia).
‣ Applications will be considered according to high-level academic achievement, the quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancement of technology and human well-being and also excellent communication, writing and reading skills in english language.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online here .
‣ All Malaysia Scholarship applications should be made through Ministry of Higher Education’s website at https://payloan.mohe.gov.my/INTER/.
‣ Step 1. REGISTER Applicants Passport Number or National identification Number, password and email address.
‣ Step 2. Please attach printed application form together with the following documents: -Recent passport size photograph.
‣ Step 3 -Scan all documents stated above in PDF format and LOGIN to MIS Online Application. [How to convert documents to PDF format]
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 31st March 2013.
You may also like