Macromedia University International Scholarships in Germany , and applications are submitted till 31 January, 31 May, 31 July and 31 October. Macromedia University for Media and Communication is awarding partial scholarships for international students to undertake bachelor’s and master’s degree program in Media and Communication Management, Media and Design and Journalism. There are two different kinds of scholarship awarded, one is need based scholarship and the other is merit based scholarship. The scholarship is available for one academic year and will be extended if the applicants’ grades and commitment are reconfirmed. The amount of scholarships can be between 10% and 40% of the tuition fee. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Macromedia University | Germany
Field(s): Media and Communication Management, Media and Design and Journalism.
Deadline: 31 January, 31 May, 31 July and 31 October.
Funded By: MHMK, Macromedia University for Media and Communication
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Macromedia University International Scholarships are targeted for International students
‣ Award No: Two different kinds of scholarship are awarded: the need based scholarship and the merit based scholarship.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The scholarships are initially awarded for one academic year and will be extended if the applicants’ grades and commitment are reconfirmed.
‣ Scholarship covers: Macromedia University awards partial scholarships only. The amount of scholarships can be between 10% and 40% of the tuition fee.
‣ Macromedia University International Scholarships are aimed at high-achieving, dedicated students and is awarded directly by a scholarship committee of Macromedia University.
‣ The object is to support young and motivated people personally and academically and to foster the future innovators and leaders in the media industry.
‣ The scholarship programme thus follows the university’s core idea: »personality + competence«.“Our concern is not just to give the students professional qualifications, but also to qualify them with regard to their personal development.” (Prof. Jürgen Faust, President of Macromedia University)Two different kinds of scholarship are awarded: the need based scholarship and the merit based scholarship.
‣ Details of the application criteria as well as application deadlines can be found in the scholarship application form.
‣ The applicant must have applied and be eligible for a programme at Macromedia University.
‣ The applicant must prove to be eligible for either merit based or need based support. In case of an application for a merit based scholarship, Macromedia University requires proof of outstanding academic performance at High School (B.A. programmes) or the B.A. degree (M.A. programmes).
‣ In case of an application for a need based scholarship, Macromedia University requires written summary on the financial situation and background.
‣ Other proof may be handed in additionally, such as proof on need based state support, salary of applicant and/or parents etc.
‣ Please include information on what amount would be required to make funding possible, and keep in mind that Macromedia University cannot award full scholarships.
‣ In both cases they require an additional motivational statement, describing personal and subject-related qualifications and including details on social activities & volunteering.
‣ This motivational statement should outline the willingness of the applicant to support Macromedia University at student events and represent the university as a student ambassador.
Selection Criteria for Macromedia University International Scholarships
‣ Most important criteria are the applicant’s grades as well as the willingness and motivation to participate in and organize student activities on campus, e.g. organizing events, starting up student initiatives, taking on administrative tasks and tutorials, representing Macromedia University as a student ambassador.
‣ Moreover, the award depends on the candidate’s social involvement or exceptional commitment and willingness to do voluntary work for a social cause.
‣ Announcement of results will be in 15 February, 15 June, 15 August and 15 November.
‣ The application documents must be submitted via email to the International Student Advisory Service at Macromedia University, after or together with a full programme application.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31 January, 31 May, 31 July and 31 October.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.