MAB Young Scientists Awards for Developing Countries , 2015 , and applications are submitted till 31st October 2014. UNESCO is inviting applications for M A B young scientists awards available for young researchers from Developing Countries. Each year MAB provides awards of up to US$ 5,000 to 10 young researchers. These awards are awarded for carrying out interdisciplinary research in line with UNESCO’s Man and the Biosphere (MAB) Programme. Priority is given to projects carried out in biosphere reserves. To be eligible for these awards, candidates must not be older than 40 years of age (at the closing date of the application) and must accept to submit reports of Award-funded research to the MAB Secretariat in Paris and to their MAB National Committees. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Applicant’s home country and Abroad
Level: Awards (are available to young researchers for carrying out interdisciplinary research in or outside their own country)
Field(s): The M A B Young Scientists Awards targets young researchers carrying out interdisciplinary research in line with UNESCO’s Man and the Biosphere (MAB) Programme. Priority is given to projects carried out in biosphere reserves
Deadline: 31st October 2014.
Funded By: UNESCO
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): M A B Young Scientists Awards are targeted for applicants from developing countries are encouraged to apply. Applicants from developed countries are eligible for Awards only in exceptional cases.
‣ Award No: Since 1989 MAB has been providing 10 young researchers each year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Research supported by an Award should be completed within two years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The awards are set at a maximum of US$5,000 each.
‣ Since 1989 MAB has been providing 10 young researchers each year with awards of up to US$ 5,000 in support of their research on ecosystems, natural resources and biodiversity.
‣ Through the MAB Young Scientists Awards , MAB is investing in a new generation of scientists worldwide because we think well-trained and committed young people are key to addressing ecological and sustainability issues.
‣ award applications must be made on the MAB Young Scientists Award application form (in English or French) and
‣ be endorsed by the applicant’s MAB National Committee, which may endorse only two applications per year from applicants who are not older than 40 years of age (at the closing date of the application).
‣ Priority is given to interdisciplinary projects carried out in biosphere reserves designated under the Man and the Biosphere Programme or potential biosphere reserves.
‣ Applicants from developed countries are eligible for Awards only in exceptional cases.
‣ Candidates must accept to submit reports of Award-funded research to the MAB Secretariat in Paris and to their MAB National Committees, and agree to the possibility of UNESCO publishing the results of their research.
‣ Please fill in and sign your application and mail it to your MAB National Committee in your home country for endorsement before it is sent to UNESCO.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The deadline for submission of application forms for the 2015 MAB Young Scientists Awards is 31 October 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For more Information about MAB Young Scientists Awards