Maastricht University Ursula Glunk Scholarship for master's students and applications are open until1st February, 2014. Maastricht University offers a scholarship to a talented master’s student. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Maastricht University | Netherlands
Level: Master's Degree
Field(s): Scholarship is awarded master Media Culture program within in the faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at Maastricht University
Deadline: 1st February, 2014
Funded By: Maastricht University, Netherlands
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Maastricht University Ursula Glunk Scholarship is targeted for Students of South America (Brazil, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Venezuela, Chile, Ecuador, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana and Falkland Islands), Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo,
Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe.) or Asia (Afghanistan, Bahrain , Bangladesh ,Bhutan ,Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, India Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan Jordan, Kazakhstan, Korea North, Korea South, Kuwait Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, The Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore ,Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam and Yemen) can apply for this scholarship.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship will be offered for maximum of 12 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship of €13.000, is meant to be a contribution in the tuition and a contribution in the living expenses for the duration of the master’s program Media Culture at the faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at Maastricht University with a maximum of 12 months. -Allowance per month with a maximum of 12 months: € 650 (arranged and paid by the Scholarship Office) -Health and liability insurance: € 500 (arranged and paid by the Scholarship Office). -Visa costs: € 300 (Paid by the Scholarship Office) -Tuition fee: € 4.000 (The remaining tuition fee must be paid by the scholarship recipient)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Maastricht University Ursula Glunk Scholarship
‣ Maastricht University is a medium-sized university of superior quality and is unique in its international ambitions.
‣ Half of its 16,000 students are non-Dutch and come from dozens of countries and all seven continents.
‣ This is also true of its research and academic staff.
‣ The UM trademark has long been its Problem Based Learning system, characterised by its small-scale nature and independent work groups.
‣ These characteristics, paired with the fact that almost all programmes are taught in English, makes UM an attractive university, in an attractive old city of Roman origin, in an area where three countries and languages converge.
Maastricht University Ursula Glunk Scholarship
‣ Dr. Ursula Glunk offers a scholarship to a talented master’s student, who has been admitted to the master Media Culture at the faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at Maastricht University starting in September 2014.
‣ The interdisciplinary and comparative framework of the master’s programme in Media Culture combines theoretical reflection on these developments with practical research and media skills.
‣ It will provide you with the academic training to investigate ongoing transformations in media culture and the skills to participate in these innovations.
‣ This one-year programme is offered in English. Applicants should hold a passport from an emerging country in South America, Africa and Asia.
‣ Applicants have to meet the requirements for obtaining a Dutch visa (’MVV’ – residence permit).
‣ For the scholarship assessment, the Scholarship Committee takes all elements of the application into account, including the level of previous study program, academic excellence, motivation, status of the home institution, the connection with the prior study program, future career plans and the references.
‣ Applicants will be informed about the selection outcome in April.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ To be included in this scholarship procedure, you first need to be admitted to the master’s programme, which means that you have to submit a complete master’s and scholarship application by the scholarship deadline 1 February at the latest.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due one 1st February, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like