MA Scholarship at Manchester Writing School in UK , and applications are submitted till 31st August 2017. Manchester Writing School at the Manchester Metropolitan University is pleased to offer Joyce Nield Scholarship for students joining the programme in September 2017. The scholarship will assist a student from a non-UK Commonwealth country with the cost of an MA in Creative Writing Full details:
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): Manchester Writing School at the Manchester Metropolitan University | UK
Level: MA program whether for full- or part-time, on campus or online.
Field(s): Creative Writing within the Department of English at Manchester Writing School.
Deadline: 31st August 2017.
Funded By: Manchester Writing School at the Manchester Metropolitan University
Beneficiaries(Target Groups):MA Scholarship at Manchester Writing School is targeted for citizen of a non-UK Commonwealth country :Africa: Botswana, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania and Zambia; Asia: Bangladesh, Brunei
Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Singapore and Sri Lanka; Caribbean and
Americas: Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica,
Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Saint Lucia, St Kitts and Nevis, St Vincent
and The Grenadines and Trinidad and Tobago; Europe-Cyprus and Malta;
Pacific: Australia, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, Papua New
Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu
‣ Award No: not specified
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship will be awarded to an applicant of outstanding potential and commitment, and will pay 50% of the tuition fees for the MA, whether for full- or part-time study, on campus or online.
‣ Manchester Writing School at the Manchester Metropolitan University is pleased to offer Joyce Nield Scholarship for students joining the programme in September 2016. The scholarship will assist a student from a non-UK Commonwealth country with the cost of an MA in Creative Writing.
‣ Established within the Department of English at MMU, the Manchester Writing School is a thriving centre of creative excellence. The School hosts an ambitious suite of degree programmes and short courses, a vibrant series of public reading events, a leading programme of outreach activities, a major international writing competition and an annual festival of children’s literature.
‣ The successful applicant will be expected to act as a “Masters Scholar” and make a modest, but important, contribution to the learning community of the Manchester Writing School.
‣ International students will be required to demonstrate a sufficiently high standard of English language ability. In order to enter most postgraduate courses the English requirements are: IELTS 6.5, TOEFL 575, TOEFL computer-based 230.
a citizen of a non-UK Commonwealth country;
‣ Submit an application to the MA Creative Writing programme before 31st August 2016;
‣ Indicate at the top of your personal statement therein that you would like to be considered for the scholarship; (if you have already submitted an application and/or been offered a place for September 2016 entry, you can just let us know by email that you would like to be considered);
‣ Through your application to the MA demonstrate your eligibility, excellence, commitment, and potential.
‣ Entrance Requirement: Applicants should have an honours degree or a postgraduate diploma or a professional qualification recognised as being equivalent to a UK honours degree. Other qualifications or experience may be acceptable if they demonstrate appropriate knowledge and skills to a UK honours degree standard.
‣ Language Requirement: International students will be required to demonstrate a sufficiently high standard of English language ability. In order to enter most postgraduate courses the English requirements are: IELTS 6.5, TOEFL 575, TOEFL computer-based 230.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ To apply it is necessary to submit online scholarship application form.
are due on 31st
‣ Supporting documents include:
If you have any enquires or would like any further information, please contact Postgraduate Creative Writing Admission Coordinator James Draper on +44 (0) 161 247 1787 or email@example.com.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
It is important to
read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link
found below) for detailed information on how to apply