Lymphatic Education and Research Network Postdoctoral Fellowship Awards Program , and applications are submitted till January 15, 2016. The Lymphatic Education & Research Network (LE&RN) invites applications for postdoctoral fellowship awards to support basic and translational research that fosters an interdisciplinary field of investigators conducting lymphatic research. Up to two (2) two-year fellowship awards ranging from $87,396 – $98,304 USD, based upon postdoctoral experience and inclusive of a $1,500 USD annual expense allowance. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Fellowship is available for basic and translational research
Field(s): Research areas of interest include, but are not limited to, lymphatic vessel biology and pathology; physiological mechanisms of normal and pathological lymphangiogenesis; animal models of the lymphatic system and its disorders; studies (including lymphatic imaging) that address the regulation of lymphatic structure and function. Basic science and translational studies addressing normal and pathological lymphatics in organ systems, (e.g. heart, lung, intestine and brain) and the signaling between lymphatics and other cell types (e.g. immune, adipose and neural) are encouraged.
Deadline: January 15, 2016
Funded By: The Lymphatic Education & Research Network
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Lymphatic Education and Research Network Postdoctoral Fellowship is targeted for applicants of all nationalities
to two postdoctoral fellowships will be awarded.
duration of fellowship is two years.
to two (2) two-year fellowship awards ranging from $87,396 –
$98,304 USD, based upon postdoctoral experience and inclusive of a
$1,500 USD annual expense allowance.
‣ The Lymphatic Education and Research Network Postdoctoral Fellowship (LE&RN) is committed to promoting and supporting basic and translational research that fosters an interdisciplinary field of investigators conducting lymphatic research.
‣ The supported research will improve understanding and advance the prevention, diagnosis, and novel treatments of lymphedema (primary and secondary) and other lymphatic disorders.
‣ Because lymphedema is the most common clinical manifestation of the lymphatic disorders, at least one fellowship in each grant cycle will be awarded to research specifically focused on the mechanisms, pathogenesis, diagnosis or treatment of lymphedema.
‣ Hold a Ph.D. or comparable degree and/or an M.D. or equivalent from an accredited institution;
‣ Must work in an academic or medical research institution;
‣ Must have no more than three (3) years of full-time postdoctoral research experience.
‣ Eligible applicants will have begun their full-time postdoctoral work by July 1, 2013;
‣ Commit at least 90% time for research or, at least 70% time for research if the applicant also has clinical responsibilities; Apply under the guidance of a Mentor who is an established investigator with an active research program.
‣ Mentors are expected to be involved in the planning, execution, and supervision of the proposed research; Plan to work in the Mentor’s laboratory for the duration of the two-year Fellowship;
‣ Only one applicant per Mentor may apply per application cycle;
‣ Submit a project relevant to the mission of the Lymphatic Education & Research Network.
Selection Criteria for Lymphatic Education and Research Network Postdoctoral Fellowship
The Scientific Review Committee uses the following criteria to evaluate applications:
‣ Applicant’s demonstrated competency and potential for an independent career in research;
‣ Project will contribute to the professional training and growth of the Applicant;
‣ Qualifications of the Mentor and the degree of commitment to supervise and train the applicant during the research period, and strength of their Letter of Support;
‣ Letters of Recommendation that attest to the applicant’s qualifications, their potential to become an independent investigator, and the importance of the proposed research; Strength of publications relevant to the field of study;
‣ Ambitious and ground-breaking research projects are encouraged
‣ Research Proposal: Originality of research and importance to the mission of LE&RN; impact on the field; hypothesis is clear and objectives are feasible; proposal reviews relevant studies and literature; research methodology, data collection, analytical plan and timeline are appropriate to the proposal’s aims
‣ Applicants will be notified by email following the determination of available funds. Critiques of the grant applications are not provided to successful or unsuccessful applicants nor is applicant ranking.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be submitted via Online Application
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on January 15, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.