Kluge Fellowships for US or Foreign Scholars in USA, and applications are submitted till July 15.The John W. Kluge Center at the Library of Congress is accepting applications for Kluge Fellowships available for US citizens or foreign nationals to conduct research at the Kluge Center. The Center especially encourages humanistic and social science research that makes use of the Library’s large and varied collections. Interdisciplinary, cross-cultural, or multi-lingual research is particularly welcome. Up to ten Kluge Fellowships will be awarded annually for a period of up to eleven months. Kluge Fellowship has a value of $4,200 per month. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): at the Kluge Center | USA
to conduct research at the Kluge Center)
Kluge Center especially encourages humanistic and social science
research that makes use of the Library’s large and varied
collections. Interdisciplinary, cross-cultural, or multi-lingual
research is particularly welcome.
John W. Kluge Center, Library of Congress
Groups): Kluge Fellowships are
targeted for US citizens or foreign nationals
to ten Kluge Fellowships will be awarded annually by the Library of
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are tenable for periods from four to eleven months at a stipend of $4,200 per month for residential research at the Library of Congress. The constraints of space and the desirability of accommodating the maximum number of Fellows may lead to an offer of fewer months than originally requested. Fellows may be in residence at any time during the fourteen-month window between June 1 of the year in which the Fellowship is awarded and August 1 of the year following. Stipends will be paid monthly by the Library of Congress, by means of electronic transfer to a U.S. bank account.
has a value of $4,200 per month (up to 11 months).
John W. Kluge Center at the Library of Congress invites qualified
scholars to conduct research at the Kluge Center using the Library of
Congress collections and resources for a period of up to eleven
in 2000 through an endowment of $60 million from John W. Kluge, the
Center is located in the splendid Jefferson Building of the Library
Kluge Center furnishes attractive work and discussion space for Kluge
Chair holders, for distinguished visiting scholars, and for
post-doctoral Fellows supported by other private foundation gifts.
have easy access to the Library’s specialized staff and to the
intellectual community of Washington.
‣ Scholars who have received a terminal advanced degree within the past seven years in the humanities, social sciences or in a professional field such as architecture or law are eligible. Exceptions may be made for individuals without continuous academic careers.
‣ Applicants may be US citizens or foreign nationals.
‣ Upon selection, and in accordance with relevant visa regulations, foreign nationals will be assisted in obtaining the appropriate visa.
‣ To meet the minimum eligibility requirements, the degree must be formally awarded by the deadline date.
‣ Awards will be announced about April 1 of the year following that in which the application is due.
Scholarship Application Method
Applicants must submit:
‣ A completed application form, in English;
A curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages; additional pages will be discarded);
‣ A single paragraph abstract
‣ A statement of proposed research (maximum 3 pages)
‣ An explanation of why the Library of Congress is the required venue for your research (maximum 1 paragraph)
‣ A bibliography of works you have consulted for your proposal (maximum 3 pages);
‣ 3 references with completed reference forms from people who have read the research proposal;
‣ Please do not use staples for any mailed application materials; use paper clips instead.
‣ Application materials must be postmarked by the deadline date to be considered.
‣ Applicants are urged to consider submitting their application materials online to scholarly-at-loc.gov or by fax to avoid any problems caused by mail delivery.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on July 15.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.