Lotus Scholarships for US and International Students at UWest in USA ad applications are submitted till Post-marked on or before February 15, 2017 and secondary deadline (for both new and returning applicants) is April 1, 2017. This Scholarship is available to students for pursuing either bachelor’s degrees or master’s degrees at UWest. UWest anticipates awarding a large number of Scholarships for new students entering the University as well as for students seeking to renew their scholarships for the 2015-2016 academic year. The Scholarship awards up to $5,000 or up to $10,000 annually to each successful applicant to apply toward his or her tuition, mandatory fees, room and board, and other expenses required for attendance at UWest. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): UWest | USA
Field(s): all subjects offered by UWest.
Deadline: Priority deadline (for new applicants) is February 15, 2017 and secondary deadline (for both new and returning applicants) is April 1, 2017.
Funded By: University of the West
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Lotus Scholarships are targeted for both domestic and international students
‣ Award No: UWest anticipates awarding a large number of Lotus Scholarships for the 2015-2016 academic year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Scholarship is initially awarded for one academic year beginning in Fall Semester. Renewal of the Scholarship is possible, but not guaranteed, depending on the student’s performance and funding availability. The maximum renewable term is three years for four-year undergraduate students, and one to two years for undergraduate transfer students and students entering UWest’s Master’s degree programs.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Scholarship awards up to $5,000 or up to $10,000 annually to each successful applicant to apply toward his or her tuition, mandatory fees, room and board, and other expenses required for attendance at UWest.
‣ The Lotus Scholarship (the Scholarship) is awarded to students who achieve high academic standards and demonstrate a financial need in order to attend University of the West (UWest).
‣ The Scholarship was established in 2012 and has so far been awarded to more than 100 students.
‣ UWest is home of the Lotus Scholarship – are you the next L Scholarship award recipient? For the 2015-2016 academic year, UWest has set aside funds to continue providing the Lotus Scholarships for new students entering the University, as well as for students seeking to renew their scholarships.
‣ New applicants must meet the scholarship eligibility requirements and matriculate into UWest in the 2015-2016 academic year.
‣ Returning applicants must meet the Lotus Scholarship criteria in order to qualify for a renewal.
‣ Previous recipients of the Scholarship, who meet the maintaining requirements are also eligible to reapply.
‣ Minimum GPA: Lotus Gold Scholarship (up to $10,000): Undergraduate- 3.0 and graduate- 3.25 and Lotus Silver Scholarship (up to $5,000): Undergraduate- 2.75 and graduate- 3.0.
‣ A student’s financial need may be taken into consideration during the applicant review process.
‣ Domestic students: Domestic applicants will be required to submit a FAFSA application or provide a copy of their, or their parent(s)’/guardian(s)’, most recent available tax return as part of the Lotus Scholarship application.
‣ An applicant may opt to make a statement of financial hardship in a separate letter as part of the Lotus Scholarship application.
‣ Other documents the University may request are copies of relevant tax returns or other taxation records, letters establishing a student’s status for receiving public benefits, or other similar documentation.
‣ All financial documentation will be held in strict confidence.
‣ International students: International applicants must submit a UWest International Student Supplemental Application for Financial Aid.
‣ Students may be asked to provide financial documentation in addition to their, or their sponsor’s, finances as reported to SEVIS during the visa application process.
‣ International students must meet the minimum UWest admission requirements for English proficiency.
‣ To qualify for the L Scholarships a student must be enrolled fulltime at UWest. Fulltime enrollment for undergraduate students is defined as registering for, and successfully completing, a minimum of 12 credits each semester (24 credits per academic year).
‣ Fulltime enrollment for graduate students is defined as registering for, and successfully completing, a minimum of 9 credits each semester (18 credits per academic year).
‣ Students must be pre-registered at the full-time credit level before the Scholarship funds can be made available to them.
‣ Exceptions to this full-time enrollment rule may be made through an appeal process for students who are in their final semester.
‣ Non-full-time students will receive a prorated amount of the Scholarship based on the actual number of credits for which they are registered.
‣ Scholarships are awarded on the basis of financial need.
‣ Every effort will be made to notify students of their scholarship application result by May 1, 2015. New students will be notified of the scholarship result by June 1, 2015. Returning students will be notified of the scholarship result by June 30, 2015.
‣ Application Deadlines:
Application and Required Documents:
The Lotus Scholarship Application must include the following documents:
Note: For new applicants, the Lotus Scholarship Application must be submitted together with the Application for Admission to the University. All documents must be submitted by the deadlines indicated above. Lotus Scholarship Applications that do not include the Application for Admission will not be considered.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.