Lindemann Trust Fellowships for Postdoctoral Scientists in USA , and applications are submitted till Wednesday, 14th February 2018. The English-Speaking Union offers up to three Lindemann Trust Fellowships for postdoctoral scientists to carry out research in the USA. Fellowships are awarded to graduates of exceptional promise in both the pure and applied physical sciences who have shown capacity for producing original research. Fellowships are open for British or Commonwealth citizens who are resident in the UK. Each fellowship amounts to $30,000 per annum, paid quarterly by the ESU in equal installments of $7500 each. Full details
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: postdoctoral scientists to carry out research in the USA.
Field(s): Astronomy, Biophysics, Chem Astronomy, Biophysics, Chemistry, Engineering, Geology, Geophysics, Mathematics and Physics.
Deadline: Wednesday, 8th February 2017.
Funded By: The English-Speaking Union
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Lindemann Trust Fellowships are targeted for British or Commonwealth citizens who are resident in the UK.
‣ Award No: Up to three grants are available
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships may be taken up from September 2017, and by 18 April 2018 at the latest. Each Fellowship lasts for one year. Fellows are expected to return to the UK within two years of the conclusion of their Fellowship for a period of at least two years. Applications for exemption from this ruling must be made to the Lindemann Trust Fellowships Committee.
‣ Scholarship covers:Each fellowship amounts to $30,000 per annum, paid quarterly by the ESU in equal instalments of $7500 each. Fellows are asked to notify the ESU at least three weeks before the next instalment is due. In addition, the ESU contributes £500 towards each Fellow’s airfare, which may be used for an outward or return flight. Fellows must liaise with the ESU before booking their outward flight. You are responsible for obtaining appropriate insurance cover for your Fellowship in the USA.
‣ The English-Speaking Union offers up to three grants a year worth $30,000 each for postdoctoral scientists to carry out research in the USA.
‣ The Lindemann Trust Fellowships are awarded to graduates of exceptional promise in both the pure and applied physical sciences who have shown capacity for producing original research. Following a bequest of £1,000,000 from Brigadier Charles Lindemann, the ESU has administered the Fellowships since March 1972.
To be eligible to apply for Lindemann Trust Fellowships , candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ British or Commonwealth citizenship
‣ Resident in the UK
‣ have completed a doctorate within the last 3 academic years, or be expecting to complete this academic year at the latest.
‣ Holders of established research and lecturing posts with a proven record may apply, but the Fellowship should not be regarded as a means of taking up a routine sabbatical.
‣ Fellowships may not be held concurrently with any other research grant or scholarsh
The Lindemann Trust supports research in the fields of:
‣ Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held on 14 April 2017 at Dartmouth House, the International Headquarters of the ESU in London.
Scholarship Application Method
The application notes contain more information on eligibility, the history of the grant, and the application process.
We are currently accepting applications for Lindemann Trust Fellowships. The application deadline is Wednesday, 14th February 2018.
To be eligible to apply, candidates must meet the following criteria:
* Hold British, Irish or Commonwealth citizenship AND be normally resident in the UK
* Either be in the final stages of your doctoral studies at a UK university, or have completed your doctorate at a UK university within the last three academic years
Candidates must complete the online application form here.
A letter of endorsement from the proposed host institution must be uploaded as part of this application process (please see the below ‘Notes for Host Endorsement Letter’). Two confidential references must be sent directly to the ESU (email@example.com) before the deadline of Wednesday, 14th February 2018.
Successful applicants will be invited to interview with the Lindemann Committee and members of the ESU’s international team. Fellowships may then be taken up any time between September and April of the following academic year.
For more information please read the below Notes for Applicants and then email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on Wednesday, 14th February 2018.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.