LIFE Doctoral Fellowships for German and International Students in Germany, applications are submitted till November 30, 2017. International Max Planck Research School on the Life Course (LIFE) is offering up to six doctoral fellowships for a period of 2 years, with 1 year extension possible. The advertised fellowships will all be located at the three collaborating institutions in Berlin, Germany. Depending on participants’ schedules, the Research School will commence in April or October 2018. For the Berlin participants, the doctoral degree will be granted by the University of Humboldt Berlin or the Free University Berlin. Students admitted to LIFE will receive a monthly scholarship of 1,365.00 EUR to cover their living expenses. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: Fellowships are awarded to pursue a doctoral programme at International Max Planck Research School on the Life Course (An international collaboration between the Max Planck Institute for Human Development, the Free University Berlin, the University of Humboldt Berlin, the University of Michigan, the University of Virginia and the University of Zurich. For the Berlin participants, the doctoral degree will be granted by the University of Humboldt Berlin or the Free University Berlin).
Field(s): Fellowships are available in one of the relevant disciplines: biology, computer science, economics, educational science, neuroscience, psychology, sociology.
Deadline: November 30, 2017.
Funded By: International Max Planck Research School on the Life Course (LIFE)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): LIFE Doctoral Fellowships are targeted for German and International students can apply for these doctoral fellowships.
‣ Award No: There are 6 Doctoral Fellowships available for students.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are awarded for 2 years, with 1 year extension possible.
‣ Scholarship covers: Students admitted to LIFE will receive a monthly scholarship of 1,365.00 EUR to cover their living expenses. The stipend is tax-free. Students with dependent children accompanying them will receive 400 EUR for the first dependent child per month, and 100 EUR for each additional child.
‣ The advertised LIFE Doctoral Fellowships will all be located at the three collaborating institutions in Berlin, Germany.
‣ Depending on participants’ schedules, the Research School will commence in April or October 2015. Working language is English.
‣ For the Berlin participants, the doctoral degree shall be granted by the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin or the Freie Universität Berlin.
‣ Students admitted to LIFE will receive a monthly stipend of ca. 1,365 EUR.
‣ Applicants should hold, or anticipate receiving very soon as shown in supporting documents, a master’s degree, diploma or equivalent in one of the relevant fields.
‣ The Research School welcomes participation by women, and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, or disability.
‣ Decisions about admissions are scheduled for February/March 2018.
‣ Applications are submitted till via online.
The application procedure for admission to LIFE is online. Please read this entire section carefully so that you do things in the proper order. Note that you will not be able to change your data after you have submitted them.
The deadline for applications is November 30, 2017. Note that delayed applications will not be considered
STEP 1: SUBMIT APPLICATION FORM
The application form is the form with which you register to participate in the entire online application procedure. It includes your contact information, educational background, the names of two referees, and your desired mentor(s) from the Berlin faculty group. You must submit the form before you send us the supplementary application materials, and before your referees can submit their recommendation letters.
Click here to access the application form.
STEP 2: SUBMIT SUPPLEMENTARY APPLICATION MATERIALS
You need to send us the other documents required for your application by e-mail:
Please put all documents in one file. The preferred document type is PDF. However, RTF/Word, JPEG, and ZIP documents are also accepted. Your files should not exceed 10 MB as a whole. When scanning your documents, choose a lower resolution to ensure a smaller file size. When you have everything in one file, send it to this e-mail address.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on November 30, 2017.
What Should I Include in My Application?
Your application should be in English. Please use the online application form (see Admission).
Your complete application for admission to LIFE contains:
Your application must be submitted by the deadline. The application procedure is online.
If you have further questions, please contact Silke Schäfer, Max Planck Institute for Human Development, Lentzeallee 94, 14195 Berlin/Germany, Ph: +49-(0)30-82406-373, email@example.com
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.