The Leverhulme Trust funded research and training award for students of UK, Ghana and Tanzania. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | UK, Ghana and Tanzania
Field(s): The study fields enlisted are Life and physical sciences including engineering
Deadline: 6 February 2013
Funded by: The Leverhulme Trust
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is Open for students of UK, Ghana and Tanzania.
Benefit( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ Scholarship Duration: three years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Awards will offer a maximum of £60,000 per annum to cover research expenses and costs for mobility, including up to £10,000 per annum for a PhD Student Bursary. Up to £10,000 per year of the award may be used to purchase or maintain equipment. The total maximum amount of award is £180,000.
‣ The Leverhulme Trust funded research and training award for students of UK, Ghana and Tanzania.
‣ The Research priorities in the Ghana and Tanzania are agriculture, water and sanitation, basic human health research, biodiversity and energy.The award duration is for three years.
‣ The research awards will offer a maximum amount of £60,000 per annum to cover research expenses and costs for mobility and also including a bursary up to £10,000 per annum. The application deadline is 6 February 2013.
‣ It aims to help develop and maintain excellence in science in both countries and to strengthen the research and training capacity of the African institution.
To qualify for Royal Society Africa Award, both the UK and the Ghanaian/Tanzanian applicant must:
‣ have a PhD or have extensive experience at an equivalent level
‣ have a proven track record of training students at Master’s and Doctoral level
‣ have a proven track record of publishing in both national and international journals
‣ be based in the respective countries at the time of the application
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by February 6 , 2013.
‣ Applications that are shortlisted will be independently peer reviewed and discussed at a meeting held in June.
‣ Results are usually available at the end of July.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like
‣ Research Scholarships
‣ UK Scholarships
‣ Africa Scholarships
‣ February Deadline