Leo Baeck Fellowship Program for International Students, and applications are submitted till February 1, 2016. Federal Ministry for Education and Research – Academic Foundation and Leo Baeck Institute London are inviting applications for international fellowship program. Fellowships are awarded for PhD students working on a dissertation on the history and culture of German-speaking Jewry. The scholarship period begins October 2016 and ends in September 2017. Fellows receive a stipend of 1,150 EUR per month. Moreover usually a monthly research fee of 100 EUR. For research and conference trips abroad monthly allowances and travel expenses can be claimed in addition. Tuition fees are not covered. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Worldwide
Level: doctoral students working on a dissertation.
Deadline: February 1, 2016.
Funded By: Federal Ministry for Education and Research – Academic Foundation and Leo Baeck Institute London
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Leo Baeck Fellowship Program is targeted for Students from all nationalities can apply for these fellowships.
‣ Award No: For the academic year 2016/17 up to twelve scholarships will be awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowship period begins October 2016 and ends in September 2017. Regular meetings and a common intranet support the scholarship holders is mutually present their projects and to discuss the methods and results of research. Working languages ??are German and English. Graduating students who work on their dissertation at universities in Germany and will file an extension of the delivery period can apply after the first year, provided that the appropriate Academic Foundation are funding.
‣ Scholarship covers: Fellows receive a stipend of 1,150 EUR per month. Moreover usually a monthly research fee of 100 EUR. For research and conference trips abroad monthly allowances and travel expenses can be claimed in addition. Tuition fees are not covered.
‣ The international Leo Baeck Fellowship program is aimed at PhD students working on a dissertation on the history and culture of German-speaking Jewry.
‣ In addition to financial support for one year, the program includes the opportunity for scientific exchange at regular meetings – jointly organized by the German National Academic Foundation and the Leo Baeck Institute London.
‣ The program will appeal to doctoral students conducting their research in several countries. It is open to students from all nationalities and all universities worldwide.
‣ well above average degree
‣ Date of issue of the last university degree not before February 2013
‣ Admission to doctoral
‣ PhD project on the history and culture of German-speaking Jewry
‣ A parallel application for a regular doctoral fellowship from the Studienstiftung is not possible
‣ Only complete applications will be considered. Promising candidates will be invited in April 2016 an interview in Frankfurt.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be submitted by mail or e-mail.
‣ An application consists of the following documents in German or in English:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on February 1, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For more Information about Leo Baeck Fellowship Program