Leiden University Excellence Scholarship is offered for excellent students from all nationalities and Non-EU/EEA students. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Leiden University | Netherlands
Level: Master’s Degree
Field(s): Studies in Air & Space Law ; Advanced Studies in Air and Space Law; Advanced Studies in European and International Business; Advanced Studies in International Tax Law ; Advanced Studies in Public International; International Relations and Diplomacy
Deadline: 1st October 2013
Funded By: Leiden University
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Leiden University Excellence Scholarship is Open for International students.
‣ Award No: The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 5 awards Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Ivory. The number and type of award of the scholarship depends on the budget available for each Faculty department.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are of up to 12 months’ duration.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 5 awards:
‣ Students who have been awarded a Platinum or Gold award still have to pay the home fee themselves.
‣ For excellent Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme and for excellent students from all nationalities enrolling in a Master of Law Advanced Programme or MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy.
‣ Students should be aware that the LExS is not a full scholarship. It is necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance their study and stay completely.
‣ One of the requirements for being granted a residence permit in the Netherlands is that students must submit proof that they have sufficient financial means to finance their study period in the Netherlands.
‣ Leiden University advises a budget, not including the tuition fee, of approx. €10,000 to €14,000 per year to cover the costs for rent, insurance, living expenses, course books and local transportation.
‣ How much money students actually spend will of course depend on their life style and spending habits.
‣ Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme starting September 2013 or February 2014 ( All MA, MSc and LL.M programmes as mentioned on the website Master’s programmes in Leiden, a number of programs have a start date in September only).
‣ All nationalities enrolling in the following programmes starting September 2013 or February 2014 (programs listed below have a September start date only, with the exception of Adv.
‣ Studies in Air & Space Law): Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Air and Space Law Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European and International Business Law Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Tax Law Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Public International Law MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy
Eligibility criteria for Leiden University Excellence Scholarship
‣ Students are selected on the basis of academic merit.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply Online here
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: Deadline is 1st October 2013 for programmes starting in February 2014.
‣ Note: Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree
‣ All LExS applicants will be informed by the scholarship department of Student Educational Affairs in mid November 2013 for the February 2014 intake.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, DEGREE, Excellence, International, Law, LL.M, Master's , Netherlands, Non EU/EEA, programme, Scholarship, University