Leibniz-Institute of European History (IEG) is offering research fellowships in history, theology and other historical subjects.Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Leibniz-Institute of Eu History (IEG) | Germany
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): history, theology and other historical subjects.
Deadline: August 9th, 2013.
Funded By: The Leibniz-Institute of European History (IEG)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Research fellows live and work for at least 6 months and up to 12 months at the Institute in Mainz and can pursue their individual PhD-project.
‣ Scholarship covers: Funding is € 1.200/month.They are also invited to collaborate with the academic staff of the IEG, according to their particular fields and interests. The Institute’s specialist library and the wider academic infrastructure of Mainz are available to them for their research.
‣ The Leibniz-Institute of European History (IEG) awards research fellowships for international junior scientist in history, theology and other historical subjects.
‣ The IEG promotes research on the historical foundations of Europe from the early modern period to contemporary history, particularly their religious, political and social dimensions.
‣ Projects dealing with European communication and transfer processes as well as projects focusing on questions related to theology, church history and intellectual history are particularly welcome.
To avail The Leibniz-Institute of European History (IEG) awards, applicants must meet the following criteria:
‣ Applications are invited from doctoral candidates of any national background.
‣ have a first degree in history, theology or another historical subject.
‣ should not have pursued their PhD-work for more than three years when taking up the fellowship.
‣ PhD-theses continue to be supervised and are completed under the auspices of the fellows’ home universities.
‣ Fellows are obliged to register officially in Mainz and to reside and take part in events at the Institute.
‣ They should have a sufficient command of German so as to participate in discussions at the Institute.
‣ Fellows are not permitted to undertake paid work while receiving the IEG-scholarship.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Please send your application via e-mail (ieg3-at-ieg-mainz.de) to: Institute for European History.
‣ Please attach (as one file) the application form including
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by Deadline 09 by August 2013.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Featured, Fellowships, germany, History, International, PhD, research, Theology