Language Scholarship which is a Danish Summer Language Course offered for International Students in Denmark. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country) | Denmark
Field(s): Danish Summer Language Course
Deadline: for Group 2 is March 22, 2013, and for Group 1 and 3 will be published in the end of January 2013.
Funded by: Danish Government
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Language Scholarship is Open for Students of Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Spain, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Turkey, Israel, Russia, China, Canada and USA
Scholarship is open for Bachelor, Master’s and PhD International Students.
‣ Scholarship covers: Students will receive a scholarship of 5000 dkk to cover food and accommodation.
‣ The Danish Agency for Universities and Internationalization has initiated an administrative reform of the Danish Government Scholarships for Foreign Nationals (the Cultural Agreements), i.e. the Long-Term Scholarships and the Danish Summer Language Courses.
‣ Students can apply for a language scholarship under the Cultural Agreements programme to attend a Danish Summer Language Course. The summer language courses in Danish are open to bachelor, Master’s and Ph.D. students.
‣ Language Scholarship, the summer language course grant, is available for students enrolled in full-degree programmes in the following countries:
Group 1: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Spain, Switzerland, The Netherlands, and Turkey.
‣ The summer language course scholarships are available for students enrolled in full-degree programmes in the following countries and institution:
Group 2: Israel, Russia and the following institution in China (exclusively): Beijing Foreign Studies University, The Danish Department, The Institute of European Language and Culture, Beijing, P.R. China.
‣ Language Scholarship, the summer language course grant, available for students enrolled in full-degree programmes in the following institutions:
Group 3: Selected institutions in Canada and USA: -University of British Columbia, Department of Central, Eastern and Northern European Studies, Vancouver, Canada -Portland State University, Dept. of Foreign lang. and Literature, Portland, OR, USA -University of California, Department of Scandinavian Studies, Berkley, CA, USA -University of Texas at Austin, Department of Germanic Studies, Austin, TX, USA -University of Washington, Scandinavian Department, Seattle, WA, USA -University of Wisconsin, Department. of Scandinavian Studies, Madison, WI, USA -University of California, The Scandinavian Section, Los Angeles, CA, USA.
For Language Scholarship, the summer language course grant, candidates will be nominated according to the following criteria:
‣ The applicant is either a bachelor, Master or PhD student.
‣ The applicant is not already enrolled at a higher education institution in Denmark.
‣ The applicant is nominated by a lecturer who teaches Danish abroad.
‣ Lecturers send a list of candidates to the Danish Agency for International Education before the application deadline. If you would like to be recommended by a lecturer, be sure to contact the lecturer before you apply.
‣ The applicant studies Danish or Scandinavian languages and literature.
‣ The applicant would like to use this course as a preparation for studying in Denmark at a later date.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ For applicants from Group 2 (Israel, Russia and selected institution in China), please see the application form . For applicants from Group 1 and 3, please see the corresponding application form .
‣ The application should be submitted to the relevant lecturer in Danish in your home country. If you do not have a lecturer in Danish in your home country, please submit your application to the relevant national authority (the ministry of education, the ministry of foreign affairs, or the Danish embassy in your country).
‣ The deadline for applications for Group 2 for Danish Language Summer Scholarship, Danish summer language courses in 2013 is March 22, 2013. The deadline for applications for Group 1 and 3 will be published in the end of January 2013.
‣ It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ The application link is also found at the official website.
You may also like
Your first paragraph ...