la Caixa Foundation offers international phd scholarships in Madrid , Spain for the academic year 2013. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): CNIO( Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas)[Spanish Cancer Research Center] | Madrid Spain
Level: Doctoral (PhD) Degree
Field(s): Medical Fields
Deadline: March 15th, 2013
Funded by: la Caixa Foundation
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Scholarship is Open for young graduate students from all over the world.
Benefits(Value/ Inclusions):5 fully funded four year fellowships will be available in 2013.
‣ No. of Awards: Five
‣ Scholarship Duration: Applicable for 4 years
‣ Scholarship covers: Fully funded
‣ In 2008 la Caixa Foundation, a non-profit organization, launched a fellowship programme for outstanding young graduate students from all over the world who want to pursue an ambitious PhD project at the Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO).
‣ "la Caixa" Foundation and the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness have joined efforts to link the “la Caixa”/CNIO international PhD programme to research centres distinguished as “Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence”.
‣ The CNIO has been awarded this distinction in 2011.
‣ The “la-Caixa”-Severo Ochoa International PhD Programme at the CNIO offers cross-disciplinary training in state-of-the-art basic and applied cancer research within an international scientific environment.
‣ Five fully funded four year fellowships will be available in 2013. Candidates should have an excellent academic track record, a solid knowledge of English and previous research experience.
Candidates must meet the following criteria to avail la Caixa International PhD scholarships.
‣ This call is open to applicants from all nationalities.
‣ Students holding a university degree (BSc, MSc, Diploma, DEA, Licenciatura, Laurea or equivalent) in biomedical sciences, or who expect to be awarded with such qualification during the first half of 2013, are eligible to apply to the Programme.
‣ This university degree should qualify for the start of a PhD thesis in the student’s home country.
‣ Non-European university degrees should be equivalent to a European diploma or degree.
‣ Studies should have been completed no more than two years ago.
‣ Applicants must have an excellent academic record and previous research experience during their undergraduate period.
‣ Candidates must have a solid working knowledge of English.
‣ Co-authorship of publications in MedLine-listed journals will be positively considered.
‣ Participation in international mobility programmes (including the CNIO Summer Training Programme) will be positively evaluated.
‣ Individuals may not have worked at the CNIO, at any time, for more than six months before being hired as part of the “la-Caixa”/CNIO International PhD Programme. The earliest date of incorporation into the Programme is September 1
st of each year.
‣ The upper age limit for eligibility is 30 years.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Application must be submitted exclusively through the web site. A link to the online application form can be found at http://www.cnio.es/PhD.
‣ The application form must be completed in English.
‣ In the online application process you will be asked to enter your personal data, information regarding your education, your scientific interests and names/contact details of two referees. Moreover, you will be asked to upload all required documents, including your CV and academic certificates.
‣ We advise you to prepare all texts (motivation letter, list of publications, etc.) in a text processor and paste them into the application form. Read all the guidelines on how to apply here )
‣ For further information, please contact our Education and Training Programmes Officer, Juan R. Molina, at firstname.lastname@example.org
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by March 15th, 2013.
‣ All candidates must be selected by the end of July 2013.
‣ Fellowships must be started in September-October 2013. The PhD thesis has to be completed within 4 years, without exceptions.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like