La Caixa Foundation offers PhD Fellowships for International Students in Biomedicine at the CRG (Centre for Genomic Regulation) in Spain 2013. Full details:
School:Centre for Genomic Regulation | Spain
Level: Doctoral(PhD) Degree
Funded by:La Caixa Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is open to International Students.
Benefits(value/ Inclusion):Duration of the Awards:CRG/”l Caixa” fellows are supported for a period of 4 years.
‣ The La Caixa Foundation is a non-profit making organization, which receives its funding from the third biggest financial entity in Spain, the Caja de Ahorros y Pensiones de Barcelona, “ Caixa”.
‣ In terms of budget and business volume, the Foundation is among the ten most important Foundations in the world. Since 1982, it has run various fellowship programmes to enable Spanish students to study postgraduate courses in Spain and other countries.
‣ In these twenty-five years, thousands of students have been able to develop their studies thanks to a fellowship from the Foundation.
‣ The Foundation was initiated in 2008 a fellowship programme to offer outstanding students from all over the world the chance of taking a PhD in Biomedicine at the CRG (Centre for Genomic Regulation).
‣ The International PhD Programme fellowships , La Caixa / Centre de Regulació Genòmica provides highly talented Phd students with the opportunity to carry out research at one of the first class research centers in Europe, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG).
‣ The aim of the program is to nourish the potential of selected fellows to become excellent and independent researchers.
‣ We encourage applications from highly talented and motivated scientists with outstanding qualifications.
‣ Successful candidates will join research groups with top-level scientists and will carry out their research in the following areas of biomedicine:
‣ Students, from any nationality, with a strong commitment for scientific research, an excellent academic record and a high level of english, that have obtained a degree within the European Higher Education Area of a minimum of 240 ECTS by September 2013, are eligible to apply for a PhD position at the CRG.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Selection Procedure: The selection of the L. Caixa fellows will be based on the candidates’ academic qualifications and research excellence.
‣ Pre-selection: The pre-selection will be based on the candidate’s CV, reference letters and on the research interests.
‣ Complete applications will be reviewed within a month after the deadline.
‣ Oral interviews: Short-listed candidates will receive invitations to visit the CRG for a 5 day period of interviews that will take place 9-14 weeks after the application deadline.
‣ Fellowship offers: Offers will be made to the successful candidates shortly after the interview period. Selected students will have two weeks to accept the position and should start their fellowships no later than September 1st.
‣ Candidates will be notified till May 2013 (approx.)
‣ Applications must be submitted online at www.crg.eu/lacaixa_fellowships
‣ Scholarship Application is on due by 28th February 2013.
You may also like