Korea Foundation Fellowship for Korean Language Training Program, and applications are submitted till August 31, 2016. Applications are invited for Korea Foundation Fellowship available for graduate students of Korean studies overseas, Korean studies researchers and those working in Korea-related fields. The duration of this fellowship is 6 months. Fellowship recipients must progress one language level higher for each semester of study. After the fellowship period has expired, the recipient must submit a final report of his/her research results to the Foundation in accordance with a format provided by KF. The application deadline is August 31, 2016. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Korea
Level: This six month fellowship is available for Korean language training program.
Field(s): Korean studies.
Deadline: August 31, 2016.
Funded By: Korea Foundation, Korea
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Korea Foundation Fellowship is targeted for International applicants
‣ No. of awards: Approx. 40 fellowships are awarded per year.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : The duration of this fellowship is 6 months. If the fellowship recipient demonstrates outstanding research results, the fellowship period may be extended for three-month periods for up to two times maximum, adding up to a maximum total period of 12 months.
of Scholarship :
‣ Since 1993, the Korea Foundation has offered an annual fellowship program for Korean language training for the general promotion and dissemination of the Korean language, which is the basis of promoting Korean studies and Korea-related activities overseas.
accordance with the guidelines listed below, the Foundation is
currently accepting applications for its 2017 KLT program. This Korea
Foundation Fellowship program provides an opportunity for graduate
students of Korean studies overseas, Korean studies researchers and
those working in Korea-related fields to learn Korean in an intensive
immersion program at a university in Korea for at least six months.
‣ Persons majoring in Korean studies (eligible areas: humanities, social sciences, culture/arts), are currently involved in Korea-related research, or work in Korea-related fields who correspond to one of the following profiles may apply for this fellowship. All those who apply must be able to understand and speak at least basic-level Korean.
‣ Undergraduate students: Major or minor in Korean studies (or Korean language) in one of the following areas: Southeast Asia, Central Europe, CIS, the Middle East, Central and South America, Africa. Please note: undergraduate students in their third or fourth year whose affiliated university is not located in one of the above-mentioned areas and does not have an official program in Korean studies or language but have taken at least eight Korea-related courses may also apply for the fellowship.
‣ In this case, the applicant must provide a grade transcript that verifies the course content. Also, the primary recommender (head of affiliation) should include in his/her recommendation a statement that there is no program in the major in question at the university as well as an explanation of the absence of the program.
‣ M.A./Ph.D. candidates: Graduate students pursuing a major or minor in a Korea-related field with a detailed thesis proposal on a Korea-related topic
‣ University professors, university lecturers and researchers: Professors, lecturers and researchers who are currently teaching Korea-related or Korean language courses or who are conducting Korea-related research at a university or research institute (non-profit, government-funded, university-affiliated, etc.).
‣ Professionals: Professionals engaged in Korea-related activities in the arts and culture field (for example, a curator of a Korean gallery at an overseas museum, a Korean studies librarian at an overseas university, a journalist who mainly deals with current affairs on Korea)
‣ Former Diplomat Fellows: The former fellows who have completed the KF Korean Language and Culture Training program for Diplomats and wish to take more courses that are focused on language training (separate applicant pool)
‣ A Announcement of Fellowship Awardees will be by December 2015. Notification will be provided to individual applicant via email.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be submitted via Online Application
For optimal operation of KF online application system, please use Chrome or Internet Explorer browser.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on August 31, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
T. +82-2-2151-6535 (Helpdesk)
+82-2-2046-8641 (Invitation and Fellowship Department)
Questions regarding the online application system: Helpdesk board of the website, or firstname.lastname@example.org
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.