Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarships at UMU in Uganda, and applications are submitted till 29th May, 2015. Uganda Martyrs University is awarding a total of 6 (six) scholarships for students from Uganda or South Sudan on a competitive basis. Scholarships are available for pursuing bachelor and masters degree programmme in in two disciplines, namely Local Governance and Human Rights (Bachelor and Masters Degree) and Democracy and Development Studies (Bachelors Degree). The scholarship shall cover the cost of tuition and the residential workshops as charged by the university. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Uganda
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded in two disciplines, namely Local Governance and Human Rights (Bachelor and Masters Degree) and Democracy and Development Studies (Bachelors Degree).
Deadline: 9th May 2015.
Funded By: Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung and Uganda Martyrs University (UMU)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarships are targeted for applicants of Uganda or South Sudan can apply for these Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung scholarships.
‣ Award No: A total of 6 (six) scholarships are available for students.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: For successful candidates, the scholarship shall cover the cost of tuition and the residential workshops as charged by the university. The student is expected on his/her own or through other sources to meet the cost of transport, books, research and other expenses on the study. Successful candidates from South Sudan shall have the cost for international air or bus tickets to Uganda for the residential workshops (also) covered under the scholarship. A reimbursement shall also be made for the cost for one international return ticket for the graduate admission test conducted at the University for Master Students – but only when a student has been successfully selected for the scholarship. The student shall however still meet all costs of inland travel either in Uganda or South Sudan.
‣ The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS), in collaboration with Uganda Martyrs University (UMU) announces scholarships for bachelor and masters degree programmes in two disciplines, namely: Local Governance and Human Rights (Bachelor and Masters Degree), Democracy and Development Studies (Bachelors Degree).
‣ The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarships are targeted towards aspiring future leaders across a range of social, political, and economic fields. Applicants will have to prove their leadership potential in order to be considered for the scholarship. A total of 12 (twelve) scholarships are available and shall be awarded on a competitive basis.
‣ Applicants must be citizens of either Uganda or South Sudan and should not be more than 30 years for bachelors programmes, and 35 years for masters programmes;
‣ Applicants must have proof of academic excellence in previous levels of education;
‣ Applicants shall provide a motivational letter indicating why they desire to undertake the particular course; applicants holding leadership positions or portray potential for future leadership may have an added advantage;
‣ Current or past employment in relevant programme areas and/or engagement in social, developmental and/or political sphere(s) may be an additional advantage;
‣ Priority will be given to applicants with genuine financial needs;
Please note: Continuing students are eligible to apply if they fulfil the above criteria. Future students can apply for scholarships even before they are admitted, but a scholarship may only be granted after confirmation of admission at UMU. Note: KAS is not responsible for admission to Uganda Martyrs University. This process is handled exclusively by the University
Selection Criteria for Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarships
‣ The scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis. Applicants will have to prove their leadership potential in order to be considered for the scholarship.
‣ Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be submitted either e-mail or by post or may be hand delivered.
‣ Application requirements:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 29th May 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.