Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation Research Grants in Japan, and applications are submitted till May 15, 2015. The Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation is offering up to 40 research grants in the areas of Humanities and social science. There are no restrictions based on nationality, affiliation, or area of residence. Students in doctoral course and researchers within five years after finishing doctoral course, who have not received grants from the foundation in the past are eligible. The maximum amount of grant per student/researcher is 500,000 yen. The amount of each grant will be assessed by the content of each research project and the rationality of its budget. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Japan
Deadline: May 15, 2015.
Funded By: The Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation Research Grants are targeted for applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this grant.
‣ Award No: Around 40 students/researchers will be awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Term of grants shall be one year from October 1, 2015 to September 30, 2016.
‣ Scholarship covers: The maximum amount of grant per student/researcher is 500,000 yen. The amount of each grant will be assessed by the content of each research project and the rationality of its budget. Grants are for necessary expenses in carrying out and putting research plans in order, and expenses shall be itemized in accordance with list of Items of expenditures. The Applied amount and the itemized budget should always match with each other. Expenses required for printing reports, issuing publications, holding symposiums and attending overseas academic conferences for the purpose of opening the results of the research to the public shall not be included in the grants.
‣ Two major objectives of the Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation are to contribute to the society by promoting international understanding and to realize the society where mankind respect and harmonize with nature under the concept—coexistence of Nature and Mankind.
‣ In line with this goal, the foundation provides funds to research activities in the areas of humanities and social sciences which pertain to above mentioned two objectives.
‣ Students in doctoral course and researchers within five years after finishing doctoral course, who have not received grants from the foundation in the past.
‣ There are no restrictions based on nationality, affiliation, or area of residence.
Selection Criteria for Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation Research Grants
In screening, the following items are considered;
In the areas of humanities and social sciences,
‣ Research which is in line with the objectives and activities of the Foundation,
‣ Research which is high in social and academic importance,
‣ Research which is creative and pioneering,
‣ Research which will be carried out by highly motivated and competent researchers and has excellent research plans and setups, and
‣ Research with rational and appropriate budgets.
‣ The result of the decisions will be informed to the applicants by e-mail by the beginning of August, 2015, but please understand that the Foundation will not respond to inquiries regarding reasons for the decision.
Scholarship Application Method
(1) Make your application document
(2) Get the letter of recommendation
(3) Get your “Reference Number” by registering your application through this website.
(4) Write down your Reference Number in the specified section in all the application forms.
(5) Upload application and letter of recommendation. You may send the application form and the letter of recommendation to the Foundation by post. Please do not print on both sides of papers. (the document should be anopisthographic
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on May 15, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.