Kochi University of Technology1 offers special scholarship program for international students to pursue doctoral degree within the department of Engineering at Graduate School of Engineering. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Kochi Uni of Technology | Japan
Level: Doctoral Degree
Field(s): Engineering and related fields given in the department of Engineering.
Deadline: September 18, 2013 for April 2014 and October 2014 (first deadline) enrolment and March 18, 2014 for October 2014 (second deadline) enrolment.
Funded By: Kochi University of Technology1
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No:To be decided
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship is offered for one year but the term will be extended for increments of one year up
to a total of three years, unless the Kochi University of Technology1 terminates the SSP student status for any of the reasons stated below:
(1) In the case where a student’s report, submitted in accordance with term 5-(2), is assessed as being below the standard for SSP students.
(2) In the case of behavior which is deemed inappropriate for an SSP student
‣ Scholarship covers: International applicants are exempted from 300,000 yen enrolment fee.
‣ The Special Scholarship Program (SSP) established in 2003 in order to support the advanced research of the university by enlisting the help of highly capable students especially students from foreign countries.
‣ Every year in April and October, the university enrolls selected doctoral students for specific research projects.
‣ The students pursue the doctoral course in English (excl. Japanese students) while at the same time assisting their host professor as a research assistant (RA).
‣ Through this program Kochi University of Technology1 wishes to expand and deepen international ties with academic and educational institutions all over the world.
To avail Kochi University of Technology1 Special Scholarship Program (SSP), candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ The submitted documents will be carefully examined in the course of the first screening.
‣ Only applicants who are successful in that screening will then be examined in such forms as an interview, an English written exam, an academic achievement written exam in the specialized field required for the conduct of the selected research project, etc.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The mode of applying is by post. -Choose a research project from the SSP Research Project List. -Complete and submit all required documents.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date:The application deadlines are: September 18, 2013 for April 2014 and October 2014 (first deadline) Enrolment and March 18, 2014 for October 2014 (second deadline) Enrol ment.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website.
‣ For April 2014 and October 2014 (first deadline) Enrolment: applicants will be notified by End of December, 2013 (To be notified individually).
‣ For October 2014 (second deadline) Enrolment: applicants will be notified by End of June, 2014 (To be notified individually).
‣ All inquiries and application documents must be addressed to:
International Relations Division
Kochi University of Technology
Tosayamada, Kami City
Kochi 782-8502, JAPAN
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, DOCTORAL, Engineering, Featured, International, Japan, scholarships
Your first paragraph ...