Knight-Mozilla Fellowship is funded for international fellows who like to work on News Project in six news organizations around the world. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): In 2014, the Fellows will be based with: USA (The New York Times and ProPublica in New York,The Texas Tribune in Austin, Texas), Argentina (La Nacion in Buenos Aires) and a joint fellowship with Ushahidi and Internews Kenya.
Field(s): Media and Journalism
Deadline: August 17, 2013.
Funded By: Knight Foundation and Mozilla
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Knight-Mozilla Fellowship is targeted for International applicants.
‣ Award No: Organizations around the world will be hosting five Knight-Mozilla Fellows in 2014
‣ Scholarship Duration: The fellowship lasts for 10 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: The standard Fellowship offers a stipend of $60,000 paid in 10 monthly installments. Mozilla may, in consultation with Fellows and News Partners, elect to vary the amount and duration to accommodate the needs and availability of individual fellows and newsrooms. To help offset cost of living in the News Partner location cities, the Fellowship also provides supplements for housing, childcare, health insurance, moving expenses, and helps pay for research/equipment and books. The Fellowship also covers the costs of required travel for Fellowship activities.
‣ Knight-Mozilla Fellows share the work they’re doing with the world outside of the newsroom.
‣ By blogging their experiences, pushing code to open repositories, taking part in the Open News community calls, and engaging with other developers, our Fellows are helping to spread the code they’re making and strengthen the journalism-developer community.
‣ And given that news is such a large part of the web, the open work of the Fellows contributes to a more transparent, open, and accessible web.
‣ Fellows are based, unless special circumstances dictate, in the town of their host news organization.
‣ In 2014, the Fellows will be based with:
Criteria for Knight-Mozilla Fellowship applications:
‣ We are an international program (our six news partners cover three continents) and welcome participants from around the world.
‣ You do not need to be a U.S. citizen to participate in the program.
‣ We assist Fellows with any necessary visa applications for working and traveling during the Fellowship.
‣ Perfect English is not a requirement, however please be aware that it may be challenging to participate in some aspects of our program if your English is limited.
‣ Women and other under-represented participants in technology are strongly encouraged to apply for a Knight-Mozilla Fellowship.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Scholarship Applications are Due by 17 August 2013.
‣ Finalists will be notified by early October and a public announcement of our 2014 fellows will be made at the Mozilla Festival in London October 25, 2013.
It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Engineering, Featured, International, Journalism, Media