Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship for Canadian and International Scholars in Canada, and applications are submitted till October 15, 2014. University of British Columbia is inviting applications for Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship available for outstanding scholars from around the world. Fellowships are tenable only at UBC and fellows are expected to make the UBC campus their base while holding the fellowship, apart from necessary research trips (no more than three months in each year of the fellowship). Most fellowships commence between May and October. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of British Columbia | Canada
Level: Postdoctoral Research
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded to engage in innovative research that will enhance interdisciplinary collaborations and help establish them in leadership positions in the academic and wider community.
Deadline: October 15, 2014.
Funded By: University of British Columbia
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is targeted for Citizens of any country
‣ Award No: The number of new awards offered each year presently varies between three and five.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships starting in the 2015/16 cycle may not begin earlier than 1 May 2015 and no later than 2 January 2016. Most fellowships commence between May and October.
‣ Scholarship covers: An annual stipend of $50,000 for a maximum of two years plus a travel and research allowance of $4,000 over two years.
‣ The Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship and Prize Programmes were established in memory of Izaak Walton Killam through the Will of his wife, Dorothy Johnston Killam, and through gifts made during her lifetime.
‣ Their primary purpose is to support advanced education and research at five Canadian universities and the Canada Council for the Arts.
‣ As such, applicants must be able to contribute fresh intellectual insights to UBC.
Selection Criteria for Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
Selection will be based on
‣ Excellence in scholarly work and independent research ;
‣ Quality of proposed research project-30% and
‣ Personal qualities of the applicant-10%
‣ Preference will be given to applicants who have not already held a postdoctoral award or fellowship.
‣ All nominees will receive notice of the status of their nomination in March 2015.
‣ The applicant completes and submits an application form and arranges delivery of all required documents to the UBC department or unit to which the application is being made.
‣ Nomination Procedures: -Each department or unit at the Vancouver campus may forward one nominee to Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies by 4:00 PM on Friday, October 24, 2014.
‣ Each academic unit at the Okanagan campus may forward one nominee to the attention of Ms.
‣ Kristen Korberg at the Office of Research Services (ORS), Okanagan Campus by 12:00 PM (noon) on Wednesday, October 15, 2014.
‣ ORS convenes a committee, which is chaired by the Vice-Principal Research and Innovation, to review nominations received.
‣ UBC Okanagan may forward three nominees to Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies by 4:00 PM on Friday, October 24, 2014.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Each UBC department or unit sets its own deadline for receipt of applications. Contact proposed academic department for deadline; likely in September 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...