KAS Scholarships for International Applicants at Universities in Germany , and applications are submitted till July 15. The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is offering scholarships for master and graduates students to study and research at universities in Germany . International applicants are eligible to apply for these scholarships. The sponsorship program for foreign students (Ausländerförderung) is aimed at international students and graduates who have acquired a university degree in their home country and who intend to complete postgraduate or master studies, doctoral studies or a research stay at a university in Germany. The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a political foundation, inspired by Christian democratic values, committed to fostering democracy and the rule of law, to implementing social and market-economic structures and to promoting human rights in Europe and worldwide. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): | Germany
Level: Master's , , postgraduate, and doctoral studies.
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded in all subjects
Deadline: The application period for 2018 will be open from June to July 15 (12:00/noon).
Funded By: The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): KAS Scholarships are targeted for international applicants
‣ Award No: not specified
‣ Scholarship covers: KAS Scholarships offer:Duration and level of funding vary for different types of studies. Graduates (master or postgraduate students) receive a monthly scholarship of € 750. The standard funding period is two years. After having obtained unconditional admission to doctoral studies at a German university, PhD-students receive a monthly scholarship of € 920. The standard funding period for Ph.D. scholars is three years. We also fund research stays in Germany with duration of at least 6 months by the same amount (€ 920) under the
condition that the applicant holds a university degree comparable to the German Master’s degree and provides evidence of at least two years of work experience in the academic field.
the monthly scholarship payments, they offer multiple subsidies for
our scholars. On request, we subsidise health care insurance of up to
the amount of € 120 per month. Also, we pay a family supplement
provided that you and your spouse live together in one place in
Germany for at least three months and that his/her income does not
exceed the amount of € 450 per month. We grant a supplement of €
184 per month for children living with you in Germany. Prerequisites
are the submission of an official German translation of the child’s
birth certificate and the official rejection of your demand for
public child allowance. PhD-scholars can apply for financial
assistance for foreign research stays although we do not fund
participation in congresses or symposia.
Fees resulting from courses at the university in Germany that are directly related to your studies can be refunded up to the amount of € 500 per semester. In contrast, we do not refund regular semester fees resulting from matriculation or annual re-registration.
‣ The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is offering KAS Scholarships for master and graduates students to study and research at universities in Germany. International applicants are eligible to apply for these KAS Scholarships .
‣ The sponsorship program for foreign students (Ausländerförderung) is aimed at international students and graduates who have acquired a university degree in their home country and who intend to complete postgraduate or master studies, doctoral studies or a research stay at a university in Germany.
‣ The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a political foundation, inspired by Christian democratic values, committed to fostering democracy and the rule of law, to implementing social and market-economic structures and to promoting human rights in Europe and worldwide.
‣ Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Sponsorship Program for Foreign Students (Ausländerförderung) is
aimed at international students and graduates who have acquired a
university degree in their home country and who intend to complete
postgraduate or master studies, doctoral studies or a research stay
at a university in Germany. Applicants should
‣ Be able to provide evidence of above average academic performance
‣ Bring broad general education and distinct interest in political issues
‣ Have a positive attitude towards democracy and human rights
‣ Have been actively engaged in voluntary work for the benefit of the people and the society in their home countries
‣ Be open to developing their personal points of view and practice tolerance towards those with different beliefs
‣ Be highly motivated and be able to convince us with their own plans and potential.
‣ Our KAS Scholarships consist not only of financial assistance but also include a program of ideational support. We expect our scholars to participate actively in this program throughout the eligibility period, including
The participation in at least four multi-day seminars of our annual agenda,
‣ Regular attendance and active participation in the meetings of the regional scholar group at their university.
‣ The activities of these regional scholar groups offer a unique opportunity to enter into an interdisciplinary, political and personal exchange with other scholars, alumni and representatives of our foundation at the universities, the so-called “Vertrauensdozenten”.
‣ After finishing their studies in Germany, the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung expects its former scholars to contribute actively to the development of their home country’s relations with the Federal Republic of Germany.
Important information regarding the formal application requirements
‣ The minimum period in our scholarship program is one year and the remaining length of applicants studies or research in Germany has to be at least two semesters. They do not provide support for bachelor studies. Only students in master, postgraduate or doctoral studies are eligible for our scholarship program.
‣ Students in Medicine or Pharmacy can only apply after having completed their intermediate exam in Germany or when having achieved a comparable stage of their studies in another country. Human or dental medicine specialist training or postgraduate research stays in Germany cannot be supported.
‣ Persons having already achieved a doctorate are not eligible for KAS Scholarships .
‣ There is an age limit of 30 years for all applicants.
‣ Our KAS Scholarships program of ideational support and the activities of the regional scholar groups are held in German. For this reason, a sufficient knowledge of the German language (level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) is obligatory for all scholars even if the courses of their planned studies are taught in English. In general, our scholars take and pass the DSH exam (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang – German Exam for College Admission) or the DaF-test (Deutsch als Fremdsprache – Test of German as a foreign language) with a high rating before the beginning of their university studies in Germany. In exceptional cases and for highly qualified applicants only, we financially support German language courses as preparation for studies in Germany.
Admission Requirement ( KAS Scholarships )
‣ Entrance Requirements: There is an age limit of 30 years for all applicants.
‣ English language Requirements: The program of ideational support and the activities of the regional scholar groups are held in German. For this reason, a sufficient knowledge of the German language (level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) is obligatory for all scholars even if the courses of their planned studies are taught in English.
About the selection procedure
There will be a preliminary selection among all completed applications received on time. Based on the above mentioned requirements of our scholarship program, we will take a decision whether to invite you to a selection conference or to reject your application. In specific cases, an application may be deferred if the candidate does not yet meet all requirements but has given the impression that he/she might be able to do so in the foreseeable future.
The selection conference The final decision awarding a scholarship is taken by a committee at a selection conference. During a 30 to 40 minute interview, you have the opportunity to introduce yourself personally to the selection committee. The discussion involves questions about your personal and academic career, your planned studies or research in Germany as well as about your motivation and personal values. In general, the committee consists of one representative of our Sponsorship Program for Foreign Students (Ausländerförderung) and of two auditors with academic expertise in the applicant’s area of study or research. On the international selection conferences held outside of Germany, the head of the regional KAS Office will be a member of the committee.
Scholarship Application Method
Please download and fill out the application form and attach the following documents:
‣ A meaningful CV in tabular form including details about your previous voluntary work or social commitment
‣ Copies of your examination certificates in German translation if the originals are not in English
‣ Copies of your studies performance records if you have been studying at a University in Germany
‣ Proof of German language skills
‣ An informal academic letter of recommendation: This opinion should provide information about your academic qualifications and potential; it should not be older than two months. The author has to be a university professor or teacher holding a doctoral degree.
‣ An informal letter of recommendation concerning the applicant’s personality: This opinion should focus on your personality and interests as well as on your understanding of values and your social commitment. The author cannot be the same as that providing the academic letter of recommendation.
‣ Certificate of admission or matriculation from your university in Germany
‣ Two passport photographs: If applying for a doctoral scholarship, please attach additionally
‣ A detailed description of your doctoral thesis: This exposé, written in German or English (4-5 pages), should outline the central research question of your proposed project, its scientific relevance, your theoretical approach and the motives behind your choice of the research subject. It should also contain a work and time schedule and a bibliography.
‣ A second academic letter of recommendation: This second opinion should be written by the supervisor of your doctoral thesis, providing you already have one. It replaces the letter of recommendation concerning the applicant’s personality.
Please apply on https://campus.kas.de and upload the requested documents.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The application period for 2017 will be open from June to July 15.
and guidelines can be download from the official website
It is important to
read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link
found below) for detailed information on how to apply