Junior Research Fellowship Position is funded by DST, which is leading to PhD at Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management – Kerala (IIITM-K) in India. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management – Kerala (IIITM-K) in India. | India
Level: Research Fellowship
Field(s): a research project on “Signal Processing approaches for time-constrained Magnetic Resonance (MR)”.
Funded By: DST funded project.
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Scholarship is targeted for the students of India.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: Applications are invited for JRF posts (1) for the DST funded project.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowship is applicable for three years.
‣ Scholarship Covers: The Fellowship is as per DST norms – Rs. 18000/ – pm for the first two years and Rs. 20000/-for the third year. Fellowship amount to B.Tech rank holders will be subject to approval from DST and as per revised DST norms.
‣ Applications are invited for Junior Research Fellowship posts (1) for the DST funded project on “Signal Processing approaches for time – constrained Magnetic Reso nance (MR)”.
‣ The project targets the development of novel reconstruction methodologies to enhance the quality of partially acquired MR images in terms of the contrast – noise ratio, accuracy and precision of estimated parameters from raw MR data.
‣ The project involves opportunity to develop novel partial – echo sequences for both anatomic and dynamic imaging, possibly leading to a Ph.D degree subject to significant contribution in the form of publications in scholarly journals.
‣ The general theme of this project is fixed, but the theme of work is still flexible and will be adjusted to the candidate’s expertise and interests.
‣ The working environment is strongly interdisciplinary, combining techniques and insights from Physics, and Electrical Engineering (Signal Processing).
The candidate for Junior Research Fellowship position should have :
‣ MS/MTech/ME/MSc(Engg) degree in Biomedical Engineering/Electronics & Communication / Electrical / Computer Science;
‣ or top 10 rank holders in BTech with specialization in the above branches a strong background in numerical mathematics, scientific computing and/or algorithm development.
‣ Excellent implementation skills in C, C++ and/or Matlab
‣ Excellent communication skills (in English).
‣ Prior experience in MR is not mandatory. However, candidates with the above qualifications and prior experience in MR Sequencing / Signal processing will have additional weight age over the other candidates.
Scholarship Application Method:
‣ Apply either electronically or by post.
‣ Please send your application in the prescribed form (available from www.iiitmk.ac.in) along with an extended CV with address, age, educational qualifications and grades, professional experience, if any, computer skills, publications if any, and at least two professional references by email to : Dr. Joseph Suresh Paul (j.paul-at-iiitmk.ac.in).
‣ Postal applications are also accepted. The postal application should be preceded by an email attachment of CV and application form.
‣ Hard copies of the application may be sent to : Dr. Joseph S. Paul, Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management – Kerala (IIITM-K), Technopark Campus, Kariyavattom P.O., Trivandrum 695 581, Kerala, India.
‣ Scholarship Applications due date: The last date for receipt of applications is 31-May-2013.
You may also like