JSPS and UNU UNU jointly offers the apan Society for the Promotion of Science -UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme at UNU-IAS (Institute of Advanced Studies) and UNU-ISP (Institute for Sustainability and Peace) in Japan.Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): UNU-IAS in Yokohama | Japan
Field(s): all fields of the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
Deadline: 28th February 2013.
Funded by: JSPS (Japan Society for the Promotion of Science) and UNU
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is Open for international students can apply for this scholarship. (Citizens of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. Japanese nationals are not eligible.)
Benefits(Inclusions / value):
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are awarded for a period of 24 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: A round-trip air ticket (based on Japan Society for the Promotion of Science regulations), A monthly maintenance allowance of JPY362,000 A settling-in allowance of JPY200,000, Overseas travel accident and sickness insurance coverage, etc.
‣ The Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme was launched in 2002 and is jointly organised by UNU and Japan Society for the Promotion of Science.
‣ It is designed to provide promising, highly qualified, young researchers the opportunity to conduct advanced research relevant to the main thematic focus of UNU-IAS (Institute of Advanced Studies), located in Yokohama, or UNU-ISP (Institute for Sustainability and Peace), located in Tokyo, and in co-operation with their host researchers at Japanese universities and research institutions.
‣ UNU acts as the nominating authority for the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science-UNU Programme, and UNU-IAS administers the programme on behalf of UNU in the nominating process.
Candidates must meet the following criteria to avail JSPS / UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme.
‣ Citizens of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
‣ Japanese nationals are not eligible.
‣ Holders of a doctoral degree when the Fellowship goes into effect, which must have been received on or after 2 April 2007, or those scheduled to receive a doctorate degree before the Fellowship goes into effect.
‣ Applicants with at least 10 months research and/or professional experience are especially encouraged to apply.
‣ Those who have previously been awarded a fellowship under the “Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for Foreign Researchers” (excluding Postdoctoral Fellowship Program (Short-term) for North American and European Researchers and Summer Program) are not eligible.
‣ UNU will act as a nominating authority of the Programme, and application should be submitted to UNU-IAS.
‣ UNU-IAS nominates candidates to the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science based on the following criteria:
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Interested and eligible candidates are invited to complete the online-application here now
‣ If they do not have access to the Internet, please contact us. The online form and the required documents indicated in the form must be in English. If the supporting document is in another language, please also attach an English translation.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 28th February 2013.
‣ UNU will try to inform the successful candidates of the results of the nomination in May 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: JSPS , UNU, Postdoctoral , Fellowship, International, Students , February, Deadline, Humanities, Japan, JSPS-UNU, Natural, Social, Sciences, 2013