Josephine De Karman Fellowship trust is offering fellowship program for International students, who are currently enrolled in a university or college located within the United States. Applications are open until 31 January 2014. Let's dive in to the full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Field(s): Courses offered by the universities (Trust is offering fellowship program for students in any discipline. Special consideration will be given to applicants in the Humanities).
Deadline: 31 January 2014
Funded By: The Josephine de Karman Fellowship Trust
Scholarship is targeted for International students, who are currently enrolled in a university or college located within the United States.
‣ Award No: Approximately 8
‣ Scholarship Duration: The fellowship is for one academic year and may not be renewed or postponed.
‣ Scholarship covers:Approximately eight (8) fellowships, $22,000 for graduate students and $14,000 for undergraduate students, will be awarded for the regular academic year.
‣ The Josephine de Karman Fellowship Trust was established in 1954 by the late Dr. Theodore von Karman, world renowned aeronautics expert and teacher and first director of the Guggenheim Aeronautical Laboratory at the California Institute of Technology, in memory of his sister, Josephine, who died in 1951.
‣ The purpose of this fellowship program is to recognize and assist students whose scholastic achievements reflect Professor von Karman’s high standards. For the 2013-2014 cycle, the committee reviewed 434 applications and awarded eight (8) fellowships.
‣ To be competitive, graduate applicants should have outstanding letters of recommendation, significant publications, and have completed several chapters of the dissertation at the time of application.
‣ Undergraduate applicants should have exceptional recommendations and grades plus a compelling record of original research or scholarship.
‣ Although the competition is open to students from any US university or college, the vast majority of awards go to students at top-tier schools.
‣ DeKarman fellowships are open to students in any discipline, including international students, who are currently enrolled in a university or college located within the United States.
‣ Only candidates for the PhD who will defend their dissertation by June 2015 and undergraduates entering their senior year (will receive bachelors degree in June 2015) are eligible for consideration.
‣ Postdoctoral and masters degree students are not eligible for consideration. Special consideration will be given to applicants in the Humanities.
‣ The fellowships will be paid directly through the fellowship office of the university in which the successful candidate is enrolled for study in the United States.
‣ One half will be paid in September and one half the following February.
‣ No university overhead may be applied to the fellowship award.
‣ University financial support is viewed as separate from de Karman Fellowship support. The fellowship is for merit, based on a national competition.
‣ Therefore, ongoing university support commitments are maintained while a de karman fellowship is held.
‣ Have what it takes to avail Josephine De Karman Fellowship trust,
‣ currently enrolled at a US university and either be a senior undergraduate student (will receive Bachelor’s Degree in June 2015) or be in the final year of a PhD program (will defend dissertation in June 2015).
‣ Masters degree students and postdoctoral scholars do not qualify for the fellowship.
‣ Announcement of 2014-2015 award recipients will be made approximately April 15, 2014.
‣ Apply by post
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31 January 2014
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like