Josephine De Karman Fellowship trust is offering fellowship program for International students, who are currently enrolled in a university or college located within the United States. Applications are open until 31 January 2018. Let's dive in to the full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Field(s): Courses offered by the universities (Trust is offering fellowship program for students in any discipline. Special consideration will be given to applicants in the Humanities).
Deadline: midnight, January 31, 2018
Funded By: The Josephine de Karman Fellowship Trust
Josephine De Karman Fellowship is targeted for International students, who are currently enrolled in a university or college located within the United States.
‣ Award No: Approximately 8
‣ Scholarship Duration: The fellowship is for one academic year and may not be renewed or postponed.
‣ Scholarship covers:Approximately eight (8) fellowships, $22,000 for graduate students and $14,000 for undergraduate students, will be awarded for the regular academic year.
‣ The Josephine De Karman FellowshipTrust was established in 1954 by the late Dr. Theodore von Karman, world renowned aeronautics expert and teacher and first director of the Guggenheim Aeronautical Laboratory at the California Institute of Technology, in memory of his sister, Josephine, who died in 1951.
‣ To be competitive, graduate applicants should have outstanding letters of recommendation, significant publications, and have completed several chapters of the dissertation at the time of application.
‣ Undergraduate applicants should have exceptional recommendations and grades plus a compelling record of original research or scholarship.
‣ Although the competition is open to students from any US university or college, the vast majority of awards go to students at top-tier schools.
‣ DeKarman fellowships are open to students in any discipline, including international students, who are currently enrolled in a university or college located within the United States.
‣ Only candidates for the PhD who will defend their dissertation by June 2016 and
undergraduates entering their senior year (will receive bachelors degree in June 2016) are eligible for consideration.
‣ Postdoctoral and masters degree students are not eligible for consideration. Special consideration will be given to applicants in the Humanities.
‣ The fellowships will be paid directly through the fellowship office of the university in which the successful candidate is enrolled for study in the United States.
‣ One half will be paid in September and one half the following February.
‣ No university overhead may be applied to the fellowship award.
‣ University financial support is viewed as separate from de Karman Fellowship support. The fellowship is for merit, based on a national competition.
‣ Therefore, ongoing university support commitments are maintained while a de karman fellowship is held.
Other Fellowships and Scholarships
Undergraduate Clinical Scholars ProgramApplication Deadline: January 26, 2018
Penn Undergraduate Research Mentoring Program (Faculty Deadline)Application Deadline: January 26, 2018
GIANT International Internship ProgramApplication Deadline: January 30, 2018
Josephine de Karman FellowshipApplication Deadline: January 31, 2018
Grants for Faculty Mentoring Undergraduate ResearchApplication Deadline: January 31, 2018
Mount Vernon Leadership Fellows ProgramApplication Deadline: January 31, 2018
Penn's Summer Undergraduate Research Group Grants (SURGG)Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
Leonard Davis Institute Summer Undergraduate Minority Research InstituteApplication Deadline: February 1, 2018
Amgen Scholars ProgramApplication Deadline: February 1, 2018
Rangel Summer ProgramApplication Deadline: February 1, 2018
‣ Have what it takes to avail Josephine De Karman Fellowship ?
‣ currently enrolled at a US university and either be a senior undergraduate student (will receive Bachelor’s Degree in June 2018) or be in the final year of a PhD program (will defend dissertation in June 2018 ).
‣ Masters degree students and postdoctoral scholars do not qualify for the fellowship.
‣ Announcement of award recipients will be made approximately April 15, 2018.
‣ Apply by post
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Complete applications, including official transcripts of applicant’s graduate and undergraduate studies at institutions in the United States and Canada and two letters of recommendation, must be received by the fellowship committee IN ONE PACKAGE postmarked no later than midnight, January 31, 2018. Late applications will not be considered.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.