Joseph Armand Bombardier CGS Doctoral Scholarships & Fellowships. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): Doctoral Awards proposals may involve any disciplines, thematic areas, approaches or subject areas eligible for SSHRC funding. Applicants must have demonstrated a high standard of scholarly achievement in undergraduate and graduate studies in the social sciences and humanities.
Deadline: January 9, 2014.
Funded By: Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Joseph Armand Bombardier CGS Doctoral Scholarships & Fellowships are targeted for the students of Canada.
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for 36 months and fellowships for 12, 24, 36 or 48 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: Scholarships are valued at $35,000 per annum and fellowships are valued at $20,000 per annum.
‣ Joseph-Armand Bombardier CGS Doctoral Scholarships aim to develop research skills and assist in the training of highly qualified personnel by supporting students who demonstrate a high standard of scholarly achievement in undergraduate and graduate studies in the social sciences and humanities.
‣ These funding opportunities, together with the CGS Master’s Scholarships, the Vanier CGS, the SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowships and the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships, help train Canada’s researchers and leaders of tomorrow.
To avail Joseph Armand Bombardier CGS Doctoral Scholarships & Fellowships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
To qualify to apply to both the SSHRC Doctoral Fellowships and the Joseph-Armand Bombardier CGS Doctoral Scholarships funding opportunities, you must:
‣ be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada;
‣ be applying for support to pursue your first PhD (or equivalent);
‣ be pursuing doctoral studies in the social sciences or humanities;
‣ not have already received a scholarship or fellowship from SSHRC, NSERC or CIHR to undertake or complete a doctoral degree or combined MA/PhD; and
‣ not be applying in the 2013-14 academic year to NSERC or CIHR.
‣ At the time of application, you need not be assured of admission to a degree program.
‣ Multidisciplinary selection committees evaluate applicants solely on academic merit, measured by:
‣ Applicants will be notified by Spring 2014.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on November 6, 2013 (for direct applications) and January 9, 2014 (-University applications).
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
You may also like