Joint PhD Programme in Economics and Governance in Netherlands, and applications are submitted till 28 February 2014. Maastricht Graduate School of Governance (MGSoG – Maastricht University) and United Nations University-MERIT (UNU-MERIT) offer Joint P h D Programme in Economics and Governance for international students in Netherlands. The courses are offered in Maastricht and divided into two semesters. Semester one contains a selection of courses to be taken by all fellows. In semester two, a selection of specialization courses is offered. Fellows will select their individual course programme, based on background knowledge, need and interest. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Netherlands
Level: PhD program.
Field(s): Scholarship is provided to learn Economics and Governance. Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD program.
Deadline: 28 February 2014.
Funded By: Maastricht Graduate School of Governance (MGSoG – Maastricht University) and United Nations University-MERIT (UNU-MERIT)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Joint PhD Programme in Economics are targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship is offered for 4 years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Scholarship of 12,600 euros to cover living costs, etc will be awarded. Scholarship also covers tuition fee.
Joint PhD Programme in Economics
‣ The PhD programme is a multidisciplinary programme offered by UNU-MERIT and the Maastricht Graduate School of Governance (MGSoG), providing advanced training in the knowledge and skills most relevant to policy analysis and the economics of technology and innovation.
‣ Built around core courses for all PhD fellows, the programme has two specializations leading to a PhD in Economics and Policy Studies of Technical Change at UNU-MERIT, or a PhD in Public Policy and Policy Analysis at the MGSoG.
Each Joint PhD Programme in Economics applicant must be:
‣ a Master’s degree from a relevant academic field, including:-economics, international relations, political science, law, social sciences, business administration, health sciences or public health;
‣ basic knowledge of mathematics and statistics, which is measured by reviewing the content and level of previous studies and/or working experience;
‣ basic knowledge of economics, social sciences, political science and/or law, which is measured by reviewing the content and level of previous studies and/or working experience.
‣ proficiency in English, with a minimum level of 600 PBT / 240 CBT / 100 IBT for the TOEFL or 7.0 for the IELTS (native speakers of English and students who received their Bachelor’s or Master’s education in English are exempt).
‣ Maastricht University’s TOEFL code is 7102.
‣ Selection will be based on past academic performance and relevant research interest.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 28 February 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
‣ PhD Scholarships
Your first paragraph ...