Joint Berlin-Jerusalem Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in Germany, and applications are submitted till April 24, 2014. Applications are invited for joint postdoctoral fellowship available to highly qualified researchers of all nationalities who received their PhD no more than three years prior to the deadline. Candidates that hold a tenure or tenure-track faculty position are not eligible. Each fellowship is to be awarded for 24 months (12 months of research at Free University of Berlin and 12 months of research at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem ), starting in October 2014. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: postdoctoral research
Field(s): The call is open to all disciplines, thematic or subject areas that exist at both universities or are complementary.
Deadline: April 24, 2014.
Funded By: The Hebrew University of Jerusalem and Freie University Berlin
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Joint Berlin-Jerusalem Postdoctoral Fellowship is targeted for Researchers of all nationalities.
‣ Award No: Two (2) Joint Postdoctoral Fellowships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Each fellowship is to be awarded for 24 months, starting in October 2014, and consists of two phases: Phase 1: 12 months of research at Free University of Berlin; Phase 2: 12 months of research at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (or vice versa).
‣ Scholarship covers: Fellowships include a monthly stipend of 1,500 Euro and a one-time relocation allowance (2,000 Euro). The Post-Doctoral Fellows will further be eligible to apply for travel funding and have access to the Academic Profile Development Program of the Dahlem Research School.
‣ The Joint Berlin-Jerusalem Postdoctoral Fellowship call is open to all disciplines, thematic or subject areas that exist at both universities or are complementary.
‣ The Fellowship applicant must identify a team of experienced researchers at both universities, contact the prospective hosts directly and include an endorsement letter from each of these two potential principal supervisors in the application.
‣ Candidates who acquired their Ph.D. prior to that date may also apply if there was an eligible lapse in their research activity (e.g. family responsibilities).
‣ Candidates that hold a tenure or tenure-track faculty position are not eligible.
‣ The criteria for the election of the grantees will be based on the academic excellence of the applicant, the quality of the proposed research project and the compelling demonstration of the anticipated synergy of a joint Post-Doc.
‣ The excellent research proposal should include a research plan that indicates where the Fellow will commence the post-doctoral research and how the project will profit from the research environments of both institutions.
‣ The research proposed must therefore be significantly distinct from or add significantly to the related doctoral thesis and demonstrate clearly the expected results of a joint Post-Doc.
‣ The complete applications (in pdf format) should be submitted simultaneously by email to: Jane Turner, International Office, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem: janet-at-savion.huji.ac.il and Matthias Kuder, Center for International Cooperation, Freie Universität Berlin: matthias.kuder-at-fu-berlin.de.
‣ Applications should include:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on April 24, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
Your first paragraph ...