Joint Berlin-Jerusalem Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in Germany, and applications are submitted till January 31, 2018. Applications are invited for joint postdoctoral fellowship available to highly qualified researchers of all nationalities who received their PhD no more than three years prior to the deadline. Candidates that hold a tenure or tenure-track faculty position are not eligible. Each fellowship is to be awarded for 24 months (12 months of research at Free University of Berlin and 12 months of research at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem ), starting in October 2018. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: postdoctoral research programme at Free University of Berlin and Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Field(s): all disciplines, thematic or subject areas at both universities or are complementary.
Deadline: 31 January 2018 ( (Applications submitted after this date will not be considered).
Hebrew University of Jerusalem and Freie University Berlin
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Joint Berlin-Jerusalem Postdoctoral Fellowship is targeted for Researchers of all nationalities.
‣ Award No: Two (2) Joint Postdoctoral Fellowships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Each fellowship is to be awarded for 24 months, starting on October 1, 2017, and consists of two phases:
‣ Scholarship covers: A monthly stipend of 2,000 Euro and a one-time relocation allowance (2,000 Euro). The Post-Doctoral Fellows will further be eligible to apply for travel funding and have access to the Researcher Development Program of the Dahlem Research School, FUB.
‣ Two (2) Joint Berlin-Jerusalem Postdoctoral Fellowship are offered for highly qualified, early career post-doctoral researchers.
‣ Each fellowship is to be awarded for 24 months, starting on October 1, 2017, and consists of two phases: Phase 1: 12 months of research at Freie Universität Berlin; Phase 2: 12 months of research at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (or vice versa).
‣ The Post-Doctoral Fellows will conduct their research projects under the joint supervision of Freie Universität and Hebrew University experienced researchers.
‣ The call is open to all disciplines, thematic or subject areas that exist at both universities or are complementary.
‣ The Fellowship applicant must identify a team of experienced researchers at both universities, contact the prospective hosts directly and include an endorsement letter from each of these two potential principal supervisors in the application.
‣ Candidates who acquired their Ph.D. prior to that date may also apply if there was an eligible lapse in their research activity (e.g. family responsibilities).
‣ Candidates that hold a tenure or tenure-track faculty position are not eligible.
‣ The criteria for the election of the grantees will be based on the academic excellence of the applicant, the quality of the proposed research project and the compelling demonstration of the anticipated synergy of a joint Post-Doc.
‣ The excellent research proposal should include a research plan that indicates where the Fellow will commence the post-doctoral research and how the project will profit from the research environments of both institutions.
‣ The research proposed must therefore be significantly distinct from or add significantly to the related doctoral thesis and demonstrate clearly the expected results of a joint Post-Doc.
‣ Applications should be submitted via e-mail.
‣ Applications must include:
Research proposal and time plan (max. 10 pages in total including all references/figures/tables).
Concise Curriculum Vitae with a list of principal publications (max. 4 pages in total). Two recommendation letters (including one from the applicant’s doctoral supervisor) – can be sent directly to the below coordinators if the referees prefer.
Two explicit endorsement letters by the potential host supervisors at Freie Universität Berlin and the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, including detailed reference to the added value for the research project, the benefits stemming from their joint supervision, and a clear statement of commitment regarding the physical and intellectual research environment that the supervisors will provide to the fellow.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31 January 2018 ( (Applications submitted after this date will not be considered).
Please submit your application using the joint online application mask: https://apply.drs.fu-berlin.de/jointpostdocs
For questions regarding the program, please contact
Limor Levy, International Office, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem: email@example.com
Andrea Dünschede, Dahlem Research School, Freie Universität Berlin: firstname.lastname@example.org
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...