Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health offers Global Tobacco Control Certificate Program Scholarship for Students from Low and Middle Income Countries in USA 2013. Full details:
School:Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health / USA
Level: Certificate program
Field(s): Global Tobacco Control
Funded by: Institute for Global Tobacco Control, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Beneficiaries(Target Group):Scholarship is Open for Students from low- and middle-income countries.
Benefits(value/ Inclusions):What doesJohns Hopkins Bloomberg School cover?Selected recipients will receive a scholarship that covers all cost associated with the Certificate Program, including tuition for the six required courses (18 credits) as well as economy class air travel, housing and a stipend to attend the on-site courses in Baltimore, Maryland.
‣ We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for the 2013 Global Tobacco Control Certificate Program Scholarship at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health!
‣ The Certificate Program is a rigorous, fully accredited, academic program at the Johns Bloomberg School of Public Health that aims to increase tobacco control research capacity by providing formal education to research scientists and tobacco control professionals.
‣ All courses are taken for academic credit and students are expected to excel in their coursework.
‣ Individuals enrolled in the Certificate Program should be prepared to complete academically challenging coursework which includes two courses online over an eight-week term from March 25 – May 15, 2013 and four courses in Baltimore, MD from mid-September to early-October 2013. Upon successful completion of the online and on-site graded coursework, students will receive an official certificate and transcript from the Johns Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Prospective students from low- and middle-income countries must meet the following program requirements to apply for a Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School scholarship:
‣ Fluently speak, read, and understand English and be able to actively participate in a very fast-paced English-only academic program
‣ Have a college/university degree with a strong record of successful academic performance
‣ Be professionally involved in tobacco control and planning to continue to work in tobacco control
‣ Can certify that he/she has never been the recipient of financial support from any tobacco product manufacturer or the parent, subsidiary or affiliate of a tobacco product manufacturer.
‣ Notification: Recipients of the 2013 Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School Scholarship will be informed of their award and acceptance to the program via email by February 4-February 8, 2013.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply electronically.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
‣ Scholarship Application is on due on January 18, 2013.
You may also like