John S Knight Journalism Fellowships for US or International applicants. Stanford University is providing journalism fellowships for US and international applicants in the USA. Applications are open until January 15, 2014. Let's dive in to the full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Stanford University | USA
Deadline: January 15, 2014.
Funded By: Stanford University
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): John S Knight Journalism Fellowships are targeted for US or International applicants.
‣ Award No: Each year, 20-plus journalists from all over the world come together for 10 months of learning, collaborating, creating and fun.
‣ Scholarship Duration:Fellowship is offered for 10 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: To help fellows get the most out of their year, we provide several financial benefits: Stipend: $65,000 (paid in 10 monthly installments, September through June) Tuition: We pay this directly to Stanford for you. Books,
research and equipment allowance: $4,000 (may be used for laptops, digital cameras, recorders, software, books, research fees or payments, web design, fees for non-Stanford courses and workshops and travel expenses related to the fellow’s innovation proposal.) Housing supplement (total for the year): -$3,000 to single fellows, married fellows and those with domestic partners who are not bringing children. -$10,000 for fellows with one child -$13,000 for fellows with two or more children We help fellows search for rental apartments or houses, sharing our database of properties that previous fellows have enjoyed and others that we’ve reviewed, giving advice on best areas to live. Most fellows live near campus. On-campus dorms and married student housing are not available to fellows. Childcare supplement (total for the year): -$12,000 for one child under age 5 -$9,000 for each additional child under age 5 -$6,000 for each child ages 5 to 17 Health insurance supplement: Ranges from approximately $3,600 for the year for single fellows to $8,190 for a couple with two or more children, which covers the cost of Stanford health insurance. Moving supplement: -$2,000 to $4,000 to fellows living in the United States, depending on family size -$3,000 to $6,000 to fellows living outside the United States, depending on family size
‣ US applicants for John S Knight Journalism Fellowships ideally have at least seven years of full-time professional experience; international applicants ideally have at least five years.
‣ But we also consider less experienced applicants with outstanding achievements.
‣ A Knight Fellowship is invigorating and productive – for fellows and for journalism.
‣ Each year, 20-plus journalists from all over the world come together for 10 months of learning, collaborating, creating and fun.
‣ They are among the most adventurous, optimistic and motivated people working in journalism today.
‣ They have a unique opportunity to draw on the richness of knowledge and experience at Stanford University and in Silicon Valley.
‣ For more information on how fellows spend their year, visit the Life of a Fellow section. To help fellows get the most out of their year, we provide several financial benefits:
‣ US applicants for John S Knight Journalism Fellowships ideally have at least seven years of full-time professional experience, international applicants ideally have at least five years.
‣ But we also consider less experienced applicants with outstanding achievements. No college degree is required.
‣ We consider applicants who fall into one or more of these categories:
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: The deadline for international applications is Dec. 1, 2013 and the deadline for US applications is Jan. 15, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Fellowship, USA