JEV Research Fellowship for European Administrative History in Germany, and applications are submitted till 30 September 2016. JEV-Fellowship is open for researchers from Germany and abroad at the Max Planck Institute for European Legal History (MPI). This fellowship in Germany is provided in the field of European administrative history. The scholarship is intended to benefit the next generation of scientific researchers, particularly doctoral and post-doctoral students, and specifically for the final phase of their research project for a duration of no longer than 12 months. The MPI will provide fellowship recipients with work opportunities in its library. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: doctoral and postdoctoral students and specifically for the final phase of their research project for a duration of no longer than 12 months.
Field(s): European administrative history.
Deadline: 30 September 2016
Funded By: The German University Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): JEV Research Fellowship is targeted for german and international researchers
‣ No. of awards: Not Specified
Tenure : Scholarship
is offered for the duration of 12 months.
‣Value of Scholarship : The scholarship is based on the usual rates for doctoral fellowships of the German Research Foundation (DFG). Should a fellowship be awarded for research abroad, the local conditions will be the determining factor. Marital status will not be deemed a consideration, and neither will travel- nor other costs be reimbursed. The MPI provides fellowship recipients with work opportunities in its library. Fellows are given the opportunity to present their research projects to the public at the Institute and to discuss the projects with the latter.
‣ At the end of 2012 Prof. Dr. Erk Volkmar Heyen, Professor of Public Law and European Administrative History at the Ernst-Moritz-Arndt University of Greifswald until his retirement and the editor of the “Jahrbuch für europäische Verwaltungsgeschichte/Yearbook of European Administrative History” (JEV) published from 1989 to 2008, donated a research fellowship in the field of European Administrative History (“The JEV-Fellowship for European Administrative History”).
‣ The JEV Research Fellowship falls within the framework of the German University Foundation (Bonn, Germany).
‣ The importance of the research topic should impact beyond the national level. Comparative research questions are particularly welcome.
‣ The scholarship is intended to benefit the next generation of scientific researchers, particularly doctoral and post-doctoral students, and specifically for the final phase of their research project.
Selection Criteria for JEV Research Fellowship
‣ The Board of the German University Foundation decides on and awards the fellowship based on a proposal by a jury.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications in English or German should be sent in electronic form to: Priv.-Doz.
‣ The application, which must also include an indication of the duration for which the fellowship should run, is to be accompanied by the following documents: a curriculum vitae in tabular form with detailed information on the nature and the chronology of university studies together with the respective examination results achieved (copies of results to be enclosed) and, where applicable, a list of scientific publications written or hitherto contributed to; a detailed description of the research project including a detailed outline of the contents of the intended publication, a detailed report on the current development of the project and the status of publication, including the reasons for any (possible) delay in its completion; extensive excerpts from the current document; information on the current financing of the research project as well as on past or pending applications for funding of the project; a precise timetable for the completion of the writing of the publication.
‣ Furthermore care is to be taken that at least one expert opinion from a university lecturer on both the individual researcher and the research project as such be submitted directly to the jury.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30 September, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.