Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund Scholarships for PhD Programme in India, and applications are submitted till 31 May. Applications are invited for Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarships available for Indian nationals and nationals of other eligible Asian countries to pursue PhD study in India. Applicants must not be above 35 years of age and must hold a first class postgraduate degree with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate in both graduate and post graduate level. JNMF scholarship is awarded for a period of 2 years and will commence from April every year. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | India
Field(s): any one of the following areas of specialisation: Indian History and Civilization, Sociology, Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture, Economics, Geography, Philosophy, Ecology & Environment.
Deadline: 31 May.
Funded By: Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund Scholarships are targeted for Indian nationals.
Nationals of other Asian countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam are also eligible to apply for this scholarship
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are awarded for up to 2 years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Maintenance allowance including Tuition fee – Rs.18,000 per month
-Contingent expenses for study tours within India, purchase of books, stationery, etc. – Rs.15,000 per annum.
‣ The Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund Scholarships are available for Ph.D. study in India to the following categories of students: Indian Nationals, Nationals of other Asian countries.
‣ Areas of Specialization/Subject: A candidate may apply for scholarship in any one of the following areas of specialisation: Indian History and Civilization, Sociology, Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture, Economics, Geography, Philosophy, Ecology & Environment.
‣ Hold a First Class Post-graduate degree with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate in both graduate and post graduate level,
‣ Already be registered/admitted for Ph.D. degree with a recognized University/Institution in India. Those who have applied for registration and have not yet been registered at the time of submission of application, are not eligible to apply,
‣ Not be above 35 years of age,
‣ Be a full-time Ph.D. Scholar.
Notification for Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund Scholarships
‣ Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview any time during December/January.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The amount of Rs.100 is to be paid by Postal Order/Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund” payable at New Delhi and should be sent along with the completed application form to reach the Fund office during April and May.
The application form for scholarships for doctoral studies is available.Click here to downloads
‣ The following documents should be securely attached seriatim to the Application Form
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31 May.
Incomplete and unsigned forms are liable to be rejected.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.