JAUW International Fellowship Program for Women in Japan , and applications are submitted till March 31, 2016. JAUW International Fellowship Program is available for Women to further pursue ongoing study or research at a host university or institution in Japan. Fellowship is for 5 to 6 months between September 2016 and March 2017, depending on the proposal. The amount of fellowship will range from ¥700,000 to ¥1,000,000 per grantee. Applicants must have received a Master’s degree or its equivalent. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Japan
are available to further pursue ongoing study or research at a
host university or institution in Japan.
Deadline: data-custom-mark="true"March data-custom-mark="true" 31, 2016.
Funded By: Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): JAUW International Fellowship is targeted for international students (other than Japanese)
‣ Award No: Up to two fellowships will be awarded under this Program.
‣ Scholarship Duration: This grant is for 5 to 6 months between September 2016 and March 2017, depending on your proposal. One third of the total amount will be paid at the time of your arrival in Japan. The rest will normally be paid within 40 days after the initial payment.
However, the latter amount (i.e. two thirds of the total) may be payable in two or three installments, depending on circumstances surrounding the grantee in Japan.
to two fellowships will be awarded under this Program.
-The amount of fellowship will range from ¥700,000 to ¥1,000,000 per grantee. The duration of your stay in Japan and various other factors will be taken into consideration in deciding the total amount of grant.
-This fellowship is for 5 to 6 months between September 2016 and March 2017, depending on your proposal.
JAUW International Fellowship program is to offer core funding to
financially help you come and stay in Japan when you have found that
it is preferable or very important for you to stay in Japan to
further pursue your ongoing study/research.
‣ You are a woman of any nationality but other than Japanese, living outside Japan at the time of application.
‣ You have received a Master’s degree or its equivalent, and presently work outside academia, or you are a student/researcher higher than MA /its equivalent level (typically of pre-doctoral or dissertation level). Postdoctoral researchers may apply but they may be placed lower in priority.
‣ You have to find a host university or institution in Japan by yourself, and have to submit, at the time of application, a Letter of Acceptance from that host or from your prospective supervisor thereof. JAUW will not extend any help regarding this matter.
‣ You have to explain in your proposal why you have to come to stay in Japan to pursue your ongoing study or research.
‣ You have to state clearly in your proposal how and in what aspect you will contribute to your home country through your study/ research in Japan.
‣ The winners of this JAUW International Fellowship will be notified by e-mail in early June, 2016.
‣ Toward the middle of June in 2016, their names will be made public on the JAUW web-site.University will send an e-mail notifying the results to all the other applicants by around the end of June 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications must be submitted using the official forms, downloaded from JAUW homepage.
‣ All entries of the Application Forms must be single spaced, and typed in English. The format must be kept as specified in each form.
‣ Five copies of each of the completed Application Forms (i.e. both part 1 and part 2), and all other Application documents must be sent in one single packet via airmail.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on March 31, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.