Japanese Government Scholarship is open for Young Leaders Program in the field of Public Administration/Public Policy for China, Rep. of Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei Darussalam, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Australia, Hungary, Czech, Slovakia, Poland, Bulgaria, Romania and Turkey Students at National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) in Japan 2013. Full details:
School:National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS)/Japan
Level: Master’s(MSc) Degree
Field(s): Public Administration/Public Policy
Funded by:Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho:MEXT) .
‣ Japanese Government Scholarship is open to the students of P. R. China, Rep. of Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei Darussalam, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Australia, Hungary, Czech, Slovakia, Poland, Bulgaria, Romania and Turkey.
‣ Number of awards offered: Approximately 20 Scholarships are offered.
‣ Duration of award: Scholarship is awarded for one year from October 2013 to September 2014.
‣ What does it cover? Allowance: 242,000 yen per month (in FY2012; amount is subject to change) will be provided to grantees during the term of the scholarship. Grantees who are absent from the university for long periods, will no longer be provided with the scholarship.
‣ Travel Allowance
‣ Tuition Fees: Fees for matriculation, tuition, and university entrance examinations will be paid by the Japanese government Scholarship
‣ The Young Leaders’ Program (YLP) aims to cultivate national leaders of the future in Asia and around the world.
‣ In addition, while enhancing the participants’ understanding about Japan, it should help form a network among national leaders, contributing to the establishment of friendly relations and improved policy planning activities between worldwide, including Japan.
To qualify for Japanese Government Scholarship , candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
‣ Nationality: Applicants must be nationals of countries eligible for the Young Leaders Program (School of Government).
‣ Age: Applicants must be, in principle, under 40 years of age, as at 1 October, 2013 (i.e. born on or after 2 October 1973).
‣ Academic Background: Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized/accredited university or college, and have achieved shown excellent academic performance.
‣ Work Experience: At least 3 years of work experience in public administration (preferably 5 years or more).
‣ English Proficiency: A minimum TOEFL-iBT score of 79 (TOEFL-CBT score of 213, TOEFL-PBT score of 550), IELTS 6.0 or equivalent. -Health: Applicants must be in good health.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The application process of Japanese Scholarship differs according to the country in which the Japanese embassy is located; please inquire at the Japanese embassy or consulate general in your country for details.
‣ Deadline:The deadline of the applications differs according to the country. Please contact with Japanese embassy or consulate general in your country.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website.
You may also like