Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship, and applications are submitted till 21st August. Applications are invited for Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Programme to undertake Master’s level studies at the Aoyama Gakuin University (AGU) in Tokyo, Japan. This scholarship is awarded to young customs officer of a developing member of the WCO with quality work experience of at least three years in the field of customs policy and administration in his/her home country. Scholarships holders under this programme will enroll for the Master’s Degree programme in Strategic Management and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) programme. A candidate must be in good health and preferably under 40 years of age as of April 1, 2017.This scholarship covers travel, subsistence, admission, tuition and other approved expenses. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Japan
Level: Master’s Degree
Field(s):Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship holders under this programme will enroll for the Master’s Degree programme in Strategic Management and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) programme at the AGU
Deadline: Application deadline is 21st August, 2014 for getting an ID and password and last date for receipt of the Application Forms is 28th August 2016.
Funded By: The WCO established the Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Programme (Scholarship Programme), funded by Japan Customs.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for Citizens of Developing member of the WCO are eligible to apply. South America, North America, Central America and the Caribbean: Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curaçao, Dominican Republic , Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago, United States, Uruguay and Venezuela, Europe: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, European Union, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan, East and Southern Africa: Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, North of Africa, Near and Middle East: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, United
Arab Emirates and Yemen, West and Central Africa: Benin, Burkina Fas, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, (Republic of the) Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo and East, South and South East Asia, Australasia and the Pacific Islands: Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Fiji, Hong Kong, China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Korea, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Macau, China, Malaysia, Maldives ,Mongolia, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Union of Myanmar, Vanuatu and Vietnam.
‣ Award No: The maximum number of students for the SMIPRP course is approximately 10.
‣ Scholarship Duration: This scholarship is for one academic year starting from April. There will be a preparatory course in March 2017 for a few weeks before the start of the Programme. The Scholarship period cannot be extended.
‣ Scholarship covers:
‣ The Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship Programme (Scholarship Programme) provides a grant covering travel, subsistence, admission, tuition and other approved expenses to enable promising young Customs managers from developing countries to undertake Master’s level studies at the Aoyama Gakuin University (AGU) in Tokyo, Japan.
‣ A candidate must be a customs officer of a developing member of the WCO with quality work experience of at least three years in the field of customs policy and administration in his/her home country.
‣ Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in IPR border enforcement, and who are expected to work in the IPR-related section of their Customs administration after this Scholarship Programme.
‣ After the completion of the Programme, the candidates should continue to work in their home Customs administration for 3 years at least and, after 3 years, they should report to the university indicating the post they occupy in their home administration and how they have been utilizing the experience they acquired in Japan.
‣ A candidate must be in good health and preferably under 40 years of age as of April 1, 2017.
Selection Criteria for Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship
‣ Academic record and intellectual distinction;
‣ Personal characteristics;
‣ Motivation to study on the SMIPRP;
‣ Evidence of leadership;
‣ Potential for individual career development;
‣ Work experience
‣ After reviewing applications, the Admissions Committee for the SMIPRP will request an interview for selected applicants (i.e. those applicants who have successfully passed the documentary examination).
‣ Those who are selected will receive the notification and scheduling information on the interview via email. Interviews are conducted via Skype.
‣ If you are invited for an interview, you should be online and prepared to receive our call at the day and time scheduled by the Admissions Committee.
‣ The AGU requests online registration for admissions for the Scholarship Programme.
‣ ID and Password to download the application forms will be obtained by submitting the Registration Form on the Website by 21st August 2016.
‣ The original set of Application Forms with all supporting materials should be completed and returned by post with the envelope marked, “Application for the WCO Scholarship”.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Application deadline is 21st August, 2016 for getting an ID and password and last date for receipt of the Application Forms is 28th August 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.