Japan Foundation offers UNU-ISP Master's Scholarship for Developing Countries Students in the field of Sustainability, Development and Peace who like to study in Japan 2013. Full details:
School: United Nations University | Japan
Level:Master’s (MSc) Degree
Field(s): The areas of study enlisted by the J. Foundation UNU Master's scholarships are Global Change and Sustainability, Peace and Security, International Cooperation and Development.
Deadline: 28 February 2013
Funded by: Japan Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Group): UNU-ISP Master's Scholarship is open to Students of developing countries who like to study in Japan.
Benefits( Values/ Inclusions):
‣ Duration of award(s): This Scholarship is offered for two years.
‣ What does it cover? The Value of the scholarship is 10,000 USD per year. Estimated total expenses for the master’s degree programme for 2 years including tuition are 6,041,800 JPY or approximately 75,438 USD.
‣ Note: Applicants must show financial resources adequate to meet the full costs of educational and living expenses. UNU-ISP Master's is available for outstanding applicants from developing countries who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance, and they will be considered as candidates for the award of the scholarship.
‣ The Japan Foundation for UNU (JFUNU) seeks to achieve and promote a better understanding of three of the most pressing issues on the UN agenda: global change, peace and security, and development.
‣ The Japan Foundation for UNU (JFUNU) Master's Scholarship is available for outstanding applicants from developing countries who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance, and they will be considered as candidates for the award of the scholarship.
‣ Applicants for the Master of Science in Sustainability, Development, and Peace are required to have met the following requirements by the application deadline in order to be considered:
A. A completed bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a recognised university or institution of higher education
B. A particular interest and career aspiration in at least one of the following thematic areas:
C. English language proficiency
(1). 600 in TOEFL - Paper-Based Testing (PBT)
(2). 100 in TOEFL - Internet-Based Testing (iBT)
‣ Applicants, except for the cases below, must submit original TOEFL or IELTS score reports (from a test taken within the last two years) to Admissions Office at the time of application:
(1). Applicants whose first language is English.
(2). Applicants who graduated from a university or a postgraduate school located in an English speaking country.
(3). Applicants who completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme where the language of instruction and examination was English. In this case, an official statement from the academic institution will be required, confirming the use of English as the language of instruction and examination.
‣The Japan Foundation for UNU (JFUNU-ISP requires original TOEFL/IELTS score reports (no photocopies accepted).
‣ TOEFL: Please order an official score report using an institution code 6991. For more information on TOEFL, please visit
‣ IELTS: Please request that an official report be sent directly to UNU-ISP. For more information on IELTS, please visit
‣ After the application deadline, the process of reviewing applications and making admission decisions will take approximately 6-8 weeks -30 April 2013.
Important Remarks, applicants should need to note the following remarks carefully:
Scholarship Application Method
‣ All Interested applicants should apply through UNU-ISP online application form
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
‣ The next deadline for applications is 28 February 2013.
You may also like