IUAP Postdoctoral and Doctoral Fellowship in Russian and East European Studies, , and applications are submitted till January 15, 2016. Applications are invited for Israel Fellowships in Russian and East European Studies for a period of one year. The IUAP offers a small number of highly competitive doctoral and postdoctoral fellowships for the 2017-2018 academic year. Doctoral fellowships are open for Israeli students who will receive about $12,500 per year, while postdoctoral fellowship is open for both Israel and foreign researchers who will receive about $25,000. During the fellowship year, the fellows are expected to live in Israel and participate in conferences, lectures and other events organized by the partnership. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Israel
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded across a variety of disciplines in the fields of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Deadline: January 15, 2016.
Funded By: The Israeli Inter-University Partnership in Russian and East European Studies
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): IUAP Postdoctoral and Doctoral Fellowship is targeted for Israeli students and postdoctoral fellowships are open to both Israel and foreign researchers.
‣ Award No: A small number of highly competitive postdoctoral and doctoral fellowships will be awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are awarded for a period of one year. Fellows may reapply for one additional year of funding. During the fellowship year, the fellows are expected to live in Israel and participate in conferences, lectures and other events organized by the partnership.
‣ Scholarship covers: Postdoctoral fellows will be awarded up to 87,500 NIS per year. Doctoral fellows will receive a yearly stipend of up to 43,500 NIS.
‣ The Israeli Inter-University Partnership in Russian and East European Studies offers doctoral and post-doctoral IUAP Postdoctoral and Doctoral Fellowship to researchers in the field.
‣ Doctoral fellowships are offered to Israeli students who are enrolled in graduate study programs in one of the five partner universities. Post-doctoral fellowships are open to both Israel and foreign researchers in all fields that are relevant to this geographical area.
‣ A Grant Committee composed of leading experts in Israel and abroad selects the fellows according to merit and grants the fellows a years’ fellowship and an option to apply for the fellowship for one additional year.
‣ Doctoral fellows receive about $12,500 per year, while post doctoral scholars receive about $25,000.
Partnership also offers fellowships for doctoral students who are
registered in one of its partner universities (Bar-Ilan University,
Ben Gurion University of the Negev, The Hebrew University of
Jerusalem, Tel Aviv University, University of Haifa) provided that
the applicant commenced his/her degree no earlier than the 2011-2012
Selection Criteria for IUAP Postdoctoral and Doctoral Fellowship
will be awarded on the basis of academic excellence.
are requested to submit their curriculum vitae (no longer than four
pages), a detailed research proposal (up to 2000 words), one writing
sample (no more than 25 pages) and two letters of recommendation (to
be submitted directly by the recommenders by email).
materials must be submitted in English and state clearly whether the
application refers to a doctoral or postdoctoral fellowship.
addition, applicants must state if they are applying for other
sources of funding for the fellowship period.
Please submit applications through our electronic system here.
Applications are due on January 15, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website