ITTO Fellowship programme is offered for international students in the field of tropical forestry, tropical timber industries and related disciplines. The maximum amount for fellowship is US$10, 000. Full details:
Level: Fellowship programme is available for participation in international/regional conferences, short-term training courses, training internships at industries, research and educational institutions, study tours, and lecture/demonstration tours and post-graduate studies.
Field(s): Tropical Forestry, Tropical Timber Industries and related disciplines.
Funded By: International Tropical Timber Organization
Deadline: 23rd August 2013.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): ITTO Fellowship programme is targeted for students of Benin, Cameroon, Congo, Côte D’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Ghana, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Togo, Cambodia, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Colombia, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, Albania, Australia, China, European Union, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Republic of Korea, Switzerland and United States of America can apply for this fellowship programme. (Only nationals of ITTO member countries are eligible to apply)
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Covers: The maximum amount for a fellowship is US$10,000. ITTO Fellowships provides tuition/training/conference fees, transportation fees, daily subsistence allowance, book allowance and other allowances. For post-graduate studies, only a partial tuition fee or a small research grant can be provided. Approved Fellowships are non-transferable to other programmes or institutions.
‣ To develop human resources and enhance professional expertise in member countries in tropical forestry, tropical timber industries and related disciplines, with a view to promoting sustainable management of tropical forests, efficient utilization and processing of tropical timber, and better economic information on the international trade in tropical timber.
‣ The maximum amount for a fellowship is US$10,000. Fellowship provides tuition/training/conference fees, transportation fees, daily subsistence allowance, book allowance and other allowances.
‣ For post-graduate studies, only a partial tuition fee or a small research grant can be provided. Approved Fellowships are non-transferable to other programmes or institutions.
To avail this Fellowship programme, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ Only nationals of ITTO Member countries are eligible to apply.
‣ Awards are to be made to individuals not to institutions.
‣ Previous ITTO Fellowship awardees are not eligible to apply for another ITTO Fellowship within two years of receiving the first award and submitting to the Secretariat a final report on the activity for which the award was made.
‣ Fellowship applications will be assessed against the following selection criteria (in no priority order):
Additional consideration will be given to:
However, ITTO may award Fellowships to nationals of consumer developed countries when:
(a) the activities for which the awards are made are carried out in Producer Member countries and the activities tend to benefit Producer Member countries; and/or
(b) there is evidence of technology transfer for activities to be carried out in developed countries.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply either by post or online
‣ Application forms and information notes are available in English, French, and Spanish. Please download the documents from the ITTO Website or request them by e-mail at fellowship-at-itto.int or by post.
‣ Please submit a completed application attaching all required documents by e-mail or by post
‣ Scholarship Applications are Due by: 23 August 2013.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Fellowship, International, ITTO, Japan, programme, students