Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI) Scholarships for Researcher on European Affairs & Integration
School: Istituto Affari Internazionali /Rome
Field(s): See Research areas below
Deadline:30 September 2012
Funded by:Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI)
Beneficiaries:applicants with a Ph.D. (see Qualifications please)
Benefits:annual salary offered is € 27,000, gross of tax and social security provided by law
- The Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI), based in Rome, (Italy), is seeking to hire a Researcher responsible for research, reporting and outreach on European affairs, with a particular focus on European integration, EU institutions and member state politics. Expertise on European foreign policy would also be valued.
- The researcher will specifically work on two projects:
- "RegioConf" (duration January 2013-December 2014) on the EU’s approach to regional conflicts through regional integration
- “The Future of Europe” (duration November 2012 – November 2013) on the political implications of the Eurozone crisis.
- Responsibilities include:
- Researching and writing research papers, policy briefs and op-eds
- Editing papers for publication
- Organizing seminars and conferences, and writing reports based on these events
- Coordinating international research teams and projects
- Presenting and participating in conferences, briefings and lectures
- Updating the IAI website regarding the projects on which the researcher will work.
Qualifications. The ideal candidate should:
- Have a Ph.D. or be a PhD candidate with at least three years of professional experience in research
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Fluency or proficiency in Italian
- Familiarity and experience with both the academic literature and policy debate on international, and specifically Mediterranean, issues
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment.
- Annual salary offered is € 27,000, gross of tax and social security provided by law. The successful candidate will be offered a project-based contract lasting one year, starting from November 1, 2012.
- Please email cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three references to: Placement@iai.it (RE: Job alert). No phone calls, please.
For more Information, please visit:
For Informal enquiries, please contact:
Note: Please, help by pressing the face book like button to viral the post viewed by others !!!