ISSI Johannes Geiss Fellowship for Young Scientists , and applications are submitted till March 2, 2015. The International Space Science Institute offers Johannes Geiss visiting fellowship for international young scientists. Fellowship is awarded to contribute to the achievement of a deeper understanding of the results of space research missions, adding value through multi-disciplinary research in an atmosphere of international cooperation. JGF would offer a stipend, paying travel expenses and living expenses for a stay at ISSI of 1-6 months, possibly in several separate intervals, to coincide with time availability on university academic calendars. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Switzerland and Neighboring Countries
Level: Fellowship is available to young scientists for limited duration visits.
Field(s): Fellowship is awarded in a broad range of space science disciplines.
Deadline: March 2, 2015.
Funded By: The International Space Science Institute (ISSI), Switzerland
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): ISSI Johannes Geiss Fellowship is targeted for International scientists
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: ISSI Johannes Geiss Fellowship is awarded for limited duration visits (1-6 months).
‣ Scholarship covers: JGF would offer a stipend, paying travel expenses and living expenses for a stay at ISSI of 1-6 months, possibly in several separate intervals, to coincide with time availability on university academic calendars. In return for the stipend, the JGF recipient would be expected to participate actively in the work of ISSI, be available to collaborate with academic and research institutes in Switzerland and neighbouring countries, and possibly give public lectures. This can be done in close collaboration with the Pro ISSI Association. ISSI might also consider involving its branch in China, ISSI-Beijing, in these activities. The JGF can also provide additional funding and support to scientists in sabbatical period.
‣ ISSI has approved the introduction of the Johannes Geiss Fellowships (JGF). This new programme will help ISSI to fulfill its mandate.
‣ In 1994, Pro ISSI issued a Brochure defining the mandate of the soon to-be-created International Space Science Institute: “It is proposed to create an Institute in Switzerland called ISSI at which scientists from many countries can work together to achieve a deeper understanding of the results from space missions, adding value to those results through multidisciplinary research in an atmosphere of international cooperation”.
‣ Communication of the final selection will be on May 15, 2015.
‣ The proposal should be sent to ISSI by email and should include:
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 2, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.